View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Wed., Feb. 26

Rate this Entry
by , February 26th, 2014 at 09:22 PM (262 Views)

Drylands:

RC/scap ex
power wheel roll outs, 3 x 15
flutter kicks on bosu, 100
kettleball swings, 25 x 2 x 15
overhead squats, 45 x 2 x 8
wood chops, 27.5 x 2 x 15 each side
kneeling ab crunch, 110 x 3 x 20
explosive leg press, 175 x 3 x 15
HS hi row, 130 x 4 x 6
good mornings, 75 x 3 x 8
standing long jumps, 8
altitude drops, 8

Stretching, 20 min (did this Monday too)

Swim/SCY/Solo

Just did a little swim before coaching masters ...

600 various
100 scull
4 x 25 shooters w/fins
4 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
2 x 25 AFAP + 75 EZ
a few 25s @ 100 pace + 25 EZ
50 EZ

Total: 1300ish, maybe more

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I've been at the drylands for about 2 1/2 months now. I seem to have re-gained the weight I lost in the fall and am back to being a tank. I seem to lose and gain muscle really quickly.

Submit "Wed., Feb. 26" to Digg Submit "Wed., Feb. 26" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed., Feb. 26" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed., Feb. 26" to Google

Comments

Just wanted to say that you are an inspiration to me. I am so glad that you share your swim workouts, experiences, and challenges with all of us in the USMS forum. Even though the adjustment by you and your family to the relocation is still a work in progress with ups and downs, you have continued onward despite the obstacles. You are steadfastly committed to the discipline of fitness/wellness and your blog posts always useful to read demonstrating how to train though adversity and still perform well considering the circumstances. I see your glass of swimming as half-full, compared a wide range of more dire scenarios. This USMS community, with its international flavor and individuals like you have helped me and perhaps others to persevere in our own way.
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    Just wanted to say that you are an inspiration to me. I am so glad that you share your swim workouts, experiences, and challenges with all of us in the USMS forum. Even though the adjustment by you and your family to the relocation is still a work in progress with ups and downs, you have continued onward despite the obstacles. You are steadfastly committed to the discipline of fitness/wellness and your blog posts always useful to read demonstrating how to train though adversity and still perform well considering the circumstances. I see your glass of swimming as half-full, compared a wide range of more dire scenarios. This USMS community, with its international flavor and individuals like you have helped me and perhaps others to persevere in our own way.
    Thanks for the kind words Frank! Glass half full is always the better approach and one you seem to be following as well. It does seem unrealistic to expect to always train at full tilt and race at your elite best. Life get in the way of that, for sure. We soldier on!