View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 74 - Friday

Rate this Entry
I had a great night last night having Ethipian food for the first time for dinner and getting to bed at 8pm. I slept well and woke feeling good this morning. This mornings practice was short but did have some high intensity race pace work in it. Its always fun mixing it up and this was a mixup kind of workout for me. Longer rests than usual and much shorter sets, but fun none the less.

Warm up
200 swim
200 kick
200 pull
200 drill

Main sets
12x25 kick on 25
2x50 fast free on 45
12x25 pull on 25
2x50 fast free on 45
12x50 on 45
2x100 fast free on 2mins
2x(25 ez, 50 fast, 75 ez, 100 fast, 100 ez, 75 fast, 50 ez, 25 fast) 15 seconds rest. First round free. Second round back.

Warm down
300 free ez

Total 3400 scy

Since I was visiting I did not have any equipment and much of these sets had instructions to use paddles and fins but I had to swim them without either. There was nothing majorly interesting about my times today but I did try pushing the 100s at race pace and held 53-54s. The water was much hotter than I am used to and I am sure today I was also like a raspberry. I neverr thought I would look forward to swimming in cool water like I usually do but I am. Todays bath temperature water made it tough to really get going. Some of the guys and girls I swam with are swimming a 1650 in the pool this weekend and they will cook.

Submit "Week 74 - Friday" to Digg Submit "Week 74 - Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 74 - Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 74 - Friday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I looooove Ethiopian food but as you might guess it's impossible to find in Mobile!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    I looooove Ethiopian food but as you might guess it's impossible to find in Mobile!
    Ellen, if you can handle the cold, you should move to Madison, Wisconsin as the ethnic food there, especially Ethiopian, is awesome. Surely, they must need librarians there?

At the other end of the heat spectrum (and with better swimming, decent Ethiopian but slightly less overall ethnic food variety and quality) would be ASU.

Of course, the golidlocks locale - big university and libraries, great weather, great swimming and awesome, awesome diversity and quality in food -- would be Austin.

I might be a little biased.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Ellen, if you can handle the cold, you should move to Madison, Wisconsin as the ethnic food there, especially Ethiopian, is awesome. Surely, they must need librarians there?

At the other end of the heat spectrum (and with better swimming, decent Ethiopian but slightly less overall ethnic food variety and quality) would be ASU.

Of course, the golidlocks locale - big university and libraries, great weather, great swimming and awesome, awesome diversity and quality in food -- would be Austin.

Cold is so much better than hot. I should not live in Mobile, but I have a good job and there are certain nice aspects of living here. The problem with Madison and Austin is that UW and UT both have library schools. Any market that has a local library school makes the job market much more competitive, though one of my good friends from Simmons landed at job at UT. This is part of the reason I ended up leaving Boston.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb

You think. When it's in the blood it never leaves does it. You long horns are funny!!!

Austin is a pretty awesome city though and food choice is never a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    This particular restaurant in crystal city was truly excellent and according to our waiter was recently voted the best Ethiopian food in the US. Not sure by whom but that's what he said. The main dish was particularly good however the guy I was traveling with described the bread as a divers shammy. It had a very different texture which I quite enjoyed but he was not keen. Different strokes for different folks I guess.