View RSS Feed

Blog

2|28|14 LCM

Rate this Entry
by , February 28th, 2014 at 02:25 PM (289 Views)
Did weights last night - chest, back, shoulders, thighs, abdominal, butt, and hips

Plyometric activity also done

500 fr, S

• 9:10

rest 1 min
500 fr, S
  • 9:01

rest 1 min
500 fr, S
  • 8:35

rest 3 min
500 fr, S
  • 8:36

500 Drill/Bk, F

500 Drill, with and without S and F

2 x 500 FK

4K net

Submit "2|28|14 LCM" to Digg Submit "2|28|14 LCM" to del.icio.us Submit "2|28|14 LCM" to StumbleUpon Submit "2|28|14 LCM" to Google

Updated February 28th, 2014 at 02:34 PM by __steve__

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Why all the 500 frees? Have you given up sprinting?
    No lol,

Just taking an active break from the high output stuff to recharge the batteries . Plus, after watching distance swimmer, Keith Switzer, swim 50s so fast there just might be some component of swimming fast and distance.

I'll do another week or two
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    No lol,

Just taking an active break from the high output stuff to recharge the batteries . Plus, after watching distance swimmer, Keith Switzer, swim 50s so fast there just might be some component of swimming fast and distance.

I'll do another week or two
    Keith Switzer is just FAST. A recovery week is a good idea. Not sure I'd do two; distance swimming doesn't help sprinting.
    Thanks Leslie, after how my shoulder muscles feel this morning I think this last workout was my warning zone anyway. Time for an actual day off altogether, after 14 straight days of swimming.

During those 500's I did maintain a solid 6 - beat kick throughout and also tried to refine stroke. I did feel as if something in fact, clicked, yesterday with form.

Hey, last week I just got a cool dryland tool. This thing really works the thighs for jumping, I can also effectively do squats with streamline position using it. The best part is it lets me work the legs without injuring my back
    http://www.power-systems.com/popup.a...e/82501_1_.jpg
    Hey that looks cool. What is it called exactly? I can't find it quickly on the power systems site.

Sometimes a lot of reps are good for technique.
    HOPZ vertical leap trainer (SKLZ)

Got mine from Dicks Sporting Goods $39.95