View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 75 - Monday

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
So a very strange end to last week; on Saturday we had an 80F day and I even considered going for a swim in my outdoor pool and then yesterday we had an ice storm with temperatures in the 20F. We received an email from the school district last night saying that school was cancelled and as such the pool which is owned by the school district was closed. I had a long day at work and without my swim felt out of sorts, but mid afternoon I got a message from my wife saying the pool was open. I was very excited to grab a swim and stopped by the pool after grabbing a quick dinner. I was unable to get a complete workout in but managed to get just over 4k in my one hour swim.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45

Main set
10x300 pull on 3.30

Warm down
500 easy

Total 4200scy

I was tired during tonight's swim but it felt good in a funny way. Todays swim was pretty uneventful and I held 3.05s on the 300s.

Submit "Week 75 - Monday" to Digg Submit "Week 75 - Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 75 - Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 75 - Monday" to Google

Updated March 3rd, 2014 at 10:07 PM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Nice power 300's!
    The storm that rolled through the west must have just taken a day to get to you all in Texas. Our Saturday was gross, cold and rainy (though not as cold as you guys) and it must have just rolled across NM and West Texas quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarke
    Nice power 300's!
    Thanks Chris.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    The storm that rolled through the west must have just taken a day to get to you all in Texas. Our Saturday was gross, cold and rainy (though not as cold as you guys) and it must have just rolled across NM and West Texas quickly.
    I spoke to a customer in Phoenix yesterday and he said the same thing. He said you guys had rain which as he described was as rare as gold. It was definately a strange weather day here.