View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Tips for ordering Technical Suit!

Rate this Entry
by , March 3rd, 2014 at 10:22 PM (957 Views)
I just ordered a new technical racing suit! I haven't in several years, gloating how I my existing ones have lasted so long. But alas, they are way too stretched out and so used that they show that disintegration like your old lycra suits used to! Yuck!

*Only interested in Speedo
*Don't like the new closed back suit. I think it would make me look thick, fat, and sausage-like. Also the most expensive at $449.
*Don't like the colored suits. They would make my colored thigh look fat.
*Do want an Elite 2. Mostly because it's the newest. Must be in black.
*Comfort straps are intriguing. Is it worth the difference between $395 and $429? Yes, I think so. And I don't think they would make me look fat.

Goal:
No tax
Free shipping, and not a rush order so who cares 2 day or 7 day
Any coupon, which is hard for a technical suit

SUCCESS!
Metroswimshop
Go to retailmenot and get that coupon code (before 03/31!). I couldn't figure out the free goggle thing, which it wouldn't seem to give me, but I didn't want to pass this suit discount of 10%!

So I got the $429 suit for a total of $386.10. I think they gave me an extra dollar off.

+++++++++++++++++++
This is Fraternity of Flyers month!
Today's main fly set was

3 rounds
8 x 50's on :55
2 x fly/free
2 easy free
3 x fly/free
1 easy free

Sprint the fly bits.

Now, this sounds easy as you only do 5 x 25's fast fly for the entire round, but for some reason I was dying, just absolutely dying through this set. Maybe because I was doing it right. It was one of those days where if someone poked you with a pinky, you'd probably just collapse. And I was really irritated with my lane. The girl behind me was doing all free. So was the next guy. Then the next guy was doing backstroke with fins. Then the next guy was swimming freestyle with a snorkel swimming up the backstroker's backside. I thin there might have been someone else after that but maybe it was just a manifestation of a composite irritating swimmer.

I have decided that I am not going to swim tomorrow or Wednesday, if I am going to be in this bad of a mood and irritated with my lanemates!

Submit "Tips for ordering Technical Suit!" to Digg Submit "Tips for ordering Technical Suit!" to del.icio.us Submit "Tips for ordering Technical Suit!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tips for ordering Technical Suit!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Ha! I love a black suit, for sure. But having worn gray Arena ones for awhile, my strong black preference is not quite as strong. (Though why why why why couldn't Arena make a black carbon pro?!) The tradeoff for leg compression is worth it. So I am going the opposite of you -- in an ideal world, I'd like the new Arena Flex Carbon Pro with a closed back! I will likely look like a gigantic sausage if this comes to pass. However, my old Carbon Pros, which I have only owned since last May, are not yet worn out so I will continue looking like a sausage in them. I would still prefer head to toe in black.
    Why only Speedo?

Have either of you tried the latest B70s? My oldest daughter swims on a team sponsored by Arena, but we end up passing down her Arena suits to her sister because #1 loves B70, especially now that they have color. Of course, a 18 year old likes different things, but she loves B70.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Ha! I love a black suit, for sure. But having worn gray Arena ones for awhile, my strong black preference is not quite as strong. (Though why why why why couldn't Arena make a black carbon pro?!) The tradeoff for leg compression is worth it. So I am going the opposite of you -- in an ideal world, I'd like the new Arena Flex Carbon Pro with a closed back! I will likely look like a gigantic sausage if this comes to pass. However, my old Carbon Pros, which I have only owned since last May, are not yet worn out so I will continue looking like a sausage in them. I would still prefer head to toe in black.
    The closed back in full length kneeskins weren't that comfortable for me, and even though it's less coverage, I guess the tradeoff is just peace of mind on the fit and feel out of the water. 1 1/2 hours is all I want to devote to thinking and deciding on a suit! And really, any fast suit would be fine - I think it's a balance between sitting around comfort and the actual performance quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Why only Speedo?

Have either of you tried the latest B70s? My oldest daughter swims on a team sponsored by Arena, but we end up passing down her Arena suits to her sister because #1 loves B70, especially now that they have color. Of course, a 18 year old likes different things, but she loves B70.
    I haven't tried the latest, whatever it is, but I do a have a B70 final approved kneeskin. I got this one around the same time as the Speedo Lazer Elite. It's ok, but I prefer the fit and feel of Speedo. I don't like colors. I know kids do but I think just black looks the best. On me, anyway!

Colors tend to date a suit. Even if it's a cool fuschia this year, some variation will date it the next. I have a jacket in the color called Shark. My daughter wears it now and I call her Sharknado. I can't wait for Sharnado II. The first one was so stupid and the acting so bad, special effects cheesy, yet I found it completely believeable a tornado could uplift a bunch of deadly Sharks and wreak such havoc. For that reason alone, I will support Sharnado II. Penguinado would have been a good sequel, too.
    Exactly. Kids like color, adults prefer black. I myself loved the B70s, but the only B70 kneeskin that I have tried was cut too small in the chest area. The Speedos are the best fit for me as well. (The Arenas run a little big on top.) But we all could race fast in any of them.