View RSS Feed

Trying to Train Smarter, Not Just Harder

Swimming "gently" 03/05/14

Rate this Entry
Swimming gently today, as I was really noticing my shoulder, and the set wasn't super challenging, and the other person in my lane was happy to go pokey as well.

500 back/free
500 pull (w/minimal effort, as I was warming up)
5 x 100 kick @ 2:15
100 easy
12 x 100 @ 1:40 (told you the set wasn't super challenging)
200 easy
500 odds and ends with fins to preserve the shoulder
Total 3500 LCM

I think Terry was easy on them/us because the kids had Sr.Champs this past weekend, and this was essentially their first day back in long course in 3-1/2 weeks. PLUS, it was raining. I imagine next week he'll step it up a bit.

I am soooo looking forward to the time change and the temperature change. I truly pity those who live up north. My son, in very northern Tennessee (1 mi south of Kentucky) had 5 inches of ICE beneath 10 inches of snow on Monday. What a nightmare. And his apartment complex didn't do anything to help dig the parking lot out, so he got together a posse and spent 7 hours digging/shoveling and picking at ice on Monday. Down here in Tallahassee, that same day, it was 71 and sunny.

***AND, I made an appt with an accupuncturist! That should be interesting! Hoping to "unfreeze" my shoulder sooner than Mother Nature was planning.

Submit "Swimming "gently" 03/05/14" to Digg Submit "Swimming "gently" 03/05/14" to del.icio.us Submit "Swimming "gently" 03/05/14" to StumbleUpon Submit "Swimming "gently" 03/05/14" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments