View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 03/06/14: morning

Rate this Entry
Did the old "Masters Double" with my evening swim yesterday and morning swim today ...

200 Fr/200 BK/200 IM drill

8 x 50 on 1:00 FR (fast 25, DPS 25)
1 x 50 EZ
8 x 50 on 1:10 IMO
1 x 50 EZ

6 x 75 on 1:15
- 2 FR, 2 Bk (did both as: kick, DPS, overkick), then 2 IM no fr

6 x 25 drag race from center of pool on :50
150 loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/2250 yds/50 min)
--------------------------------

At the Rec, the six lane pool is divided into three lanes: noodler, regular, fast. We used to be able to split the lane with up to three people (more than enough room), but some complained when the "fast" lane had three people and there were 4-6 circling in the middle lane. Now, the rule about two can split (having essentially their own lane) but circling once a third swimmer joins is being enforced.

Got in today as the third and the dude that rehashed interest in this due to his inability to share the lane hollered at me when I suggested circle swimming. I try to follow the rules, but he said he had special permission from the director of the Rec and he wasn't circle swimming with only three people in the lane. I mentioned this to the head guard at the other end, and indeed this guy has an exemption. Oh well, I apologized and told her I wasn't going to fight but just swim. After five minutes a fourth person joined (and I thanked her, because the dodgy dude left about ten minutes later)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Got the first official entry for the Bennington meet in April today It is a former college swimmer that was at the first meet. Here is a flyer that my talented daughter made up:

Submit "Workout 03/06/14: morning" to Digg Submit "Workout 03/06/14: morning" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 03/06/14: morning" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 03/06/14: morning" to Google

Updated March 6th, 2014 at 04:23 PM by rxleakem

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments