View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Brrrrrrrr!

Rate this Entry
This is my fifth day back in the city. Itís been too cold to blog.

This morning I swam at Riverbank with Rondi and Hannah, with a couple of other ow swimmers rounding out the lane. Hereís what I did:

1000 lcm warmup (400s, 200k, 200p, 200d/s)

Stretch

8 x (100 FR @ 1:30, 50 easy @ 1:00) [made them allówoohoo!]

6 x 300, done as 2 x (1 pull, 1 IM/FR by 50s, 1 IM kick)

Magic 1000 warmdown + play, alternating FR/BK

That was it!

Itís been great being back in the city and seeing my swim friends again! Thatís even been worth putting up with this crazy cold weather. I still wish I didnít have to swim with a roof over my headóbut summer will be here eventually!

Submit "Brrrrrrrr!" to Digg Submit "Brrrrrrrr!" to del.icio.us Submit "Brrrrrrrr!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Brrrrrrrr!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You should take another trip out here, we swim outside year-round
    You'd probably be fine in our lakes now too, water temps are in the low 60s.

Are you doing SCAR? Sounds like there's a good group. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town. But I do want to look at a few o/w options this year, including something in NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    You should take another trip out here, we swim outside year-round
    You'd probably be fine in our lakes now too, water temps are in the low 60s.

Are you doing SCAR? Sounds like there's a good group. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town. But I do want to look at a few o/w options this year, including something in NYC
    Ha! I thought of your workouts when I was down in FL and swimming outdoors, with tons of space. One day at practice we did sprints off the blocks, and since we all had our own lane we could do them as 1 heat. Sweet!

I'm not doing SCAR this year--I'm sure it will be great, Kent does a such a super job putting it on. I think I will be mostly sticking closer to home this summer and doing events close by. There's a 5M cold water swim in early May in CT, then stage 6 of 8B, and after that I'm not sure. There's tons of things to choose from if you want to do something in or near the city!