View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Dreaming of bridges ....

Rate this Entry
In January my apartment building reconfigured some office space into a small fitness room, and I was very excited to find out that they included a Concept2 erg among the machines. I hadnít rowed since the summer, but I hope I will get back into the habit now that I have such easy access to a machine. For my first short rowing workout I did the following:

5 minutes warmup + drill

Stretch

4 x (500 meter row for time, 1minute recovery), desc. [2:18, 2:13, 2:11, 2:08]

3 minutes warmdown

That was itóstill I was a little sore after!

This morning I had an enjoyable swim at RB with Rondi. Iíve been having some breathing issues, so I just did a long easy swim, as follows:

1000 lcm warmup (400s, 200k, 200p, 200d/s)

800 swim, every 5th length stroke IM order
600 swim, every 4th length stroke IM order
500 swim, every 3rd length stroke IM order
300 swim, every 2nd length stroke IM order
200 IM

200 warmdown + play

Next week I will be traveling to Sonoma for a week-long trip with my husbandóweíre celebrating our 20th anniversary. Afterwards I will stay over in San Francisco for a few days, and I was really excited over the weekend to find out that Iíll get a chance to swim from the Bay Bridge to the Golden Gate while Iím there! Itís about 6 miles total, but there will be a lot of current assist. It should be a fun and beautiful. Between this swim, 2 Bridges, and the stage of 8 Bridges that I'm signed up for, 3 of my first 4 swims of the season will be bridge-to-bridge affairs!

Submit "Dreaming of bridges ...." to Digg Submit "Dreaming of bridges ...." to del.icio.us Submit "Dreaming of bridges ...." to StumbleUpon Submit "Dreaming of bridges ...." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Glad you will be coming our way! The Bay is pretty cold right now but you get an incomparable view of the area from the water-level perspective.
    I read somewhere (maybe on the USMS forums, but I think in the FB group, "did you swim today") about the Bay Bridge to Golden Gate swim. That sounds incredible!!!
    I know there's a triathlon in the Russian River later in the year, not sure if there's also just o/w swims there.

Have you been to the Napa/Sonoma area before? It is almost overwhelming the first time. Happy 20th Anniversary!
    Bay bridge to Golden Gate has got to be awesome. Would that I wasn't a cold wimp!

Enjoy your anniversary : my wife and I hit the 20 year mark later this year, as well. Cool beans for you in this momentous occasion.
    Congratulations to both of you on an amazing milestone! Your planned swim sounds amazing too. I will be cheering for you in spirit.
    Thanks everyone! I do think the bridge-to-bridge swim will be amazing. It's the swim I most wanted to do out there, and I was lucky enough to find one scheduled that I could tag along on. I was told to expect water temps in the 52-56 range, so yes it will be chilly!

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary Patrick!

I've never been north of San Francisco before, so I'm really looking forward to seeing a new part of the country. We have day trips planned to Point Reyes seashore and redwood forests--it does seem like there's tons of beautiful places to go just a short drive away. Tim, I'm not sure about swimming in the Red River or any of the other inland swimming areas--with the drought I think water levels are pretty low everywhere. I am planning on getting to a few masters workouts here: http://sonomaaquaticclub.com/programs/masters. But the Sonoma week will mostly be focused on hiking and sightseeing and enjoying nice dinners together, not swimming so much. I'll catch up on my flog later!