View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

More sprint stuff

Rate this Entry
by , March 12th, 2014 at 07:24 PM (180 Views)
I am continuing with sprint stuff. Yesterday I was focusing on doing IM sprints, and today is a day off and yoga. But not until I digest some of this panang, pad thai, and tom yum something or other. You know, the tart chicken soup with coconut milk.

Fly set (it's fraternity of flyers month!)
16 x 25's
Odd smooth free
even alternate drill/swim fast

IM set.
I customized a boring 12 x 75's into
1 fast broken 75 IM (3 total) 25/5 seconds
easy swim
so roughly, about every 4:30 i'd be going a sprint 75 IM.

You can extrapolate and say, maybe between 16-18 seconds for a 25 free to get a 100IM time. But it's not exact. Sometimes i'd be short/long on the 5 seconds. But roughly there. Well under 1:00 but well over :50. This is a great set for me. I was able to really dig deep on the last one. Was able to really engage sprinting, especially on the breastroke. But still off from doing a race-pace IM - i'd like to be closer to :50. Maybe aim for holding this set :55 to :50 as a goal in the future, without compromising the 5 seconds rest.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I'm feeling a lot better, more energy but I can tell my body isn't rested to it's peak swimming prowess just yet. Have to be careful to really rest my legs!

Submit "More sprint stuff" to Digg Submit "More sprint stuff" to del.icio.us Submit "More sprint stuff" to StumbleUpon Submit "More sprint stuff" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments