View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 76 - Thursday

Rate this Entry
My trip to Houston was cut short and I got home last night and ended up getting in early enough to have dinner with the kids and then hangout with my wife and daughter before I went to bed. Todays workout was good in that it had a much longer warm-up than we usually have and after spending over 10 hrs in a car the past two days I was sore and stiff; particularly my lower back.

Warm up
3x(3x100 with snorkel on 1.20, 4x50 kick on 1min, 1x200 IM on 2.45)

Main set
8x200 on 2.25 descend 1-4 and 5-8
2x250 kick with fins stream lined with snorkel on 3mins

Warm down
100 easy

Total 4200scy

I enjoyed the long warm up and was holding 1.10s on the 100s, 45s on the 50s kick, and 2.30s on the IMs. On the 200s in the main set I felt good and descended as instructed going 2.10, 2.05, 2.02, 1.58 or round 1 and 2.07, 2.04, 2.00, 1.58 on the second round. We were supposed to do 4 rounds of the 250s kick but I ran out of time so had to cut it short.

Submit "Week 76 - Thursday" to Digg Submit "Week 76 - Thursday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 76 - Thursday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 76 - Thursday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Nice set of 200's Stewart! Did you break at all between round 1 and 2? Those are amazing times with such little rest. Basically 2 back-to-back broken 800's first at 8:15 and the second at 8:09 in practice! Glad I am in the "older" age group.
    No break. We have been working on building my ability to hold a strong pace with the hope that I will have a strong 800 at worlds. Aerobicaly I feel good at the moment. The challenge is always balancing this set with speed work for my shorter events. In two weeks I am swimming both the mile and 1000 at our zone meet(I am also swimming the 500 and 200 free and the 200 back ). I hope to have some strong swims. Thanks for the comment Chris. I really appreciate the support.
    Stewart are you going to rest any for the Zone meet? You will kill it based on your workout times! Interested to see your 200 and 500 free times. Any specific goal times you are looking to swim?
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarke
    Stewart are you going to rest any for the Zone meet? You will kill it based on your workout times! Interested to see your 200 and 500 free times. Any specific goal times you are looking to swim?
    After my taper meet in January, my coach Tom and I sat down and worked out a training plan for worlds. The original plan was to forget about short course for this year and start working on long course and focusing on worlds. I have been working pretty hard and I am excited about where I am with my training, however I found out last week that I will be traveling almost every other week with work for the next 3 months which sucks, but its something I just have to do. It could be worse; last year I traveled internationally for 3 months which was brutal. Based on my upcoming work schedule the next two weeks I may end up doing some sort of drop taper for zones instead of training through it. I will make the best of this bad situation and I will still have a good training platform to compete at worlds, but it just got harder for sure, because now I have to figure out how and where I am going to train, and also I wont have any control over the workout.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    however I found out last week that I will be traveling almost every other week with work for the next 3 months which sucks, but its something I just have to do. It could be worse; last year I traveled internationally for 3 months which was brutal.
    I hate it when work get's in the way of swimming Hang in there I am sure you will find options to train. I was in this situation back in 2009/2010. Either way good luck at Zones!