View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 76 - Friday

Rate this Entry
I had a good nights sleep last night and was at the pool early eager to get in and swim. Oh how I am enjoying my swimming right now. Todays workout was tough with some fast broken swims after doing our 15x100 test set.

Warm up

400 free with snorkel
10x50 catchup on 45

Main Sets

15x100 swum 5,4,3,2,1 starting at 1.20 and dropping 5 seconds per round
200 easy
3x(50 AFAP to feet straight into 4x50 kick on 55)
100 easy
1 Broken 500 swum as 200,100,200 with 20 seconds after the 200 and 10 seconds after the 100
200 easy
1 Broken 100 swum as 25,50,25 with 5 seconds after 25, and 10 seconds after the 50

Warm down

300 easy

Total 4350 scy

On the 15x100 I was holding 1.02s until the last 3 and went 1mins on the two on 1.05 and 57 on the last 100 on 1min. I was very happy with this. On the broken 500 and broken 100 we went from a push and did turns at each distance and finished with a hand finish. I went 5.02 on the 500 and according to Tom I was 1min per 100 throughout. I was very happy with how I paced this. On the broken 100 I went 49.7 and felt strong throughout.

I really enjoyed this workout. The 500 was tough mentally but in a sick way I enjoyed it and was pleased with my pace on this. The 100 was a nice surprise.

Submit "Week 76 - Friday" to Digg Submit "Week 76 - Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 76 - Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 76 - Friday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

That just looks brutal.

On the 50s AFAP into the kick, did you take a few seconds after the flip finish before starting the kick?
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    That just looks brutal.

On the 50s AFAP into the kick, did you take a few seconds after the flip finish before starting the kick?
    There was no rest between the 50 AFAP and the 50s kick. I had my kick board in the gutter at the end of the lane and after the turn, pick out the board and go. I was pretty much using a 30 as the send off, so suspect I was coming in around 26-27, grabbing the board and going. It was really tough. Tom told me to work the kick but my first 50 was the slowest of the set.
    Brutal. Are there any other masters swimmers in your practice who can keep up with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Brutal. Are there any other masters swimmers in your practice who can keep up with you?
    We have some good swimmers but unfortunately no guys who swim mid d or long d; so long story short I tend to do my own set or others swim a modified version of my sets. The biggest challenge is continuing to push myself in these kinds of sets when I am tired. I swam with Steve Unruh over Christmas and it was so much fun having someone to race against on each set.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    We have some good swimmers but unfortunately no guys who swim mid d or long d; so long story short I tend to do my own set or others swim a modified version of my sets. The biggest challenge is continuing to push myself in these kinds of sets when I am tired. I swam with Steve Unruh over Christmas and it was so much fun having someone to race against on each set.
    You did real good today even though it was really tough. I'm already hurting! You sure know how to motivate during practice!
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    You did real good today even though it was really tough.
    It was really tough and you did awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    I'm already hurting! You sure know how to motivate during practice!
    You looked like you were hurting after the broken 500 but brought it home on the 100. Great job.I bet you will have an awesome zone meet. Are you swimming the 500?
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    It was really tough and you did awesome.You looked like you were hurting after the broken 500 but brought it home on the 100. Great job.I bet you will have an awesome zone meet. Are you swimming the 500?
    Yea I'm swimming the 500 but I decided not to do the 100 since it's right after. See ya tomorrow