View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Sunny morning swim

Rate this Entry
I enjoyed a fun workout with the masters group at Sonoma Aquatic Club this morning. It's an interesting outdoor pool--imagine a 6 lane x 25 yard pool, only with half of the lanes extending further, to 50M. This morning, though (and generally it seems), the bulkhead was set up in the middle of the 3 lcm lanes, so there were 9 lanes (6 scy, plus 3 on the other end of the bulkhead that must have been a little longer) altogether. The masters group took 5 or 6 adjacent lanes, and I relished swimming in the warm sunshine during the following:

100 scy warmup

4 x 100 reverse IM: 1 kick, 1 drill, 1 pull, 1 swim

34 x 50 @ :45 [I first thought it must be someone's birthday, but there was another explanation--they're working up to 50 x 50, adding 4 each week. I did a pattern with FR and FR/BK halfsies to help me count.]

IM pyramid: 25 fl, 50 fl/bk, 75 fl/bk/br, 100 IM, 100 IM, 75 bk/br/fr, 50 br/fr, 25 bk

Bonus 5 x 100 FR @ 1:25

That was it!

Our flight out to San Francisco and drive up to Sonoma went well yesterday. It is so gorgeous around here!

Submit "Sunny morning swim" to Digg Submit "Sunny morning swim" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunny morning swim" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunny morning swim" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I like the sound of that pool. Would be fun to experiment with the bulkhead placement, or have a three-part bulkhead to make each lane a little different. Thanks for sharing your report. Please bring back warm sunshine.