View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Another fine Sonoma workout

Rate this Entry
I had another good workout with the Sonoma Aquatic Club masters this morning. I had the option of a 5:30 or a 9am practice, and chose the latter, and was glad I did--I enjoyed both the sleep-in and the sunshine on this crisp morning. Here's what I did:

900 scy warmup

6 x 50 drill/build @ 1:00, odds FR, evens non-FR

10 x 25 kick @ :35, odds moderate, evens sprint

6 x 75 FR pull with breathing pattern

10 x 25, 4 @ :20, 6 @ :25
50 easy
200 (150 smooth, 50 sprint)

6 x 25 @ :20
50 easy
150 (100 smooth, 50 sprint)

4 x 25 @ :20
50 easy
100 (50 smooth, 50 sprint)

300 warmdown

We had 6 swimmers in 6 lanes, and I really enjoyed all the extra space, plus the lovely views at this outdoor pool. Afterwards one of my fellow swimmers showed me the hot tub, which is about 10 yards long and 5 feet deep. I could get used to life out here!

Submit "Another fine Sonoma workout" to Digg Submit "Another fine Sonoma workout" to del.icio.us Submit "Another fine Sonoma workout" to StumbleUpon Submit "Another fine Sonoma workout" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sounds beautiful ... and, yet, at the same time, a painful reminder that, a few years back, when I was traveling to Napa often for work (much rougher than it sounds), I never made the time to swim there.

Enjoy the trip!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Sounds beautiful ... and, yet, at the same time, a painful reminder that, a few years back, when I was traveling to Napa often for work (much rougher than it sounds), I never made the time to swim there.

Enjoy the trip!
    You see to have more than made up for it with all the SF and Bay area pools you've gotten to--I was looking over your list for some ideas and was very impressed!