View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 78 - Monday

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
I had a good nights sleep but rather weird. I dreamt I overslept and woke up around 1am in a panic. Then I woke up again 10minutes after the alarm normally goes off and discovered I had not set the alarm. My subconscious must have been telling me I had not set the alarm. Luckily the 10 mins did not make a difference and I made it to the pool on time. We are resting this week with the hope of swimming fast at our southern zone meet next weekend. I will be chasing some fast zone records in the longer events and both Ross Davis and Steve Unruh will make the shorter 500 and 200 very fast. I can't wait. With the base work we have been doing I hope to swim a strong 1650 on Friday and a 1000 on Sunday. Today was a good workout and I felt really strong throughout.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45

Main sets
10x200 pull with paddles descend 1-5 and 6-10 on 3mins
400 easy recovery swimming
6x100 kick on 2mins descend 1-3 and 4-6

Warm down
200 easy

Total 3900scy

On the 200s Tom asked me to do a big descend starting out around 2.30 and on #5 be at about 2min pace and on round 2 be about 5 seconds faster throughout. I tried keeping my stroke long and came in on 2.10 on the first 200. From there I descended and went 2.07,2.05,2.01,1.58. On the second round I was about 5 seconds quicker throughout going 2.05,2.03,1.59,1.56,1.52. I felt awesome on the second round and honestly felt like I had more on the last one. I tried going slower at the beginning but with paddles it's almost like I have to shorten my stroke to go the times he was after. I had a guy in my lane who was wearing paddles and fins and I was using him as a rabbit on the last couple in each round. I think the final 200 is the fastest 200 I have pulled in practice. I am also not used to so much rest which I think helped make this set much easier than normal. The kick set I descended and went 1.27,1.23,1.18,1.25,1.21,1.17 and felt good again. We will be dropping the yardage tomorrow and throughout the week. I won't be shaving but this drop taller feels good already and I am hopeful I will have some fast races at the weekend.

Submit "Week 78 - Monday" to Digg Submit "Week 78 - Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 78 - Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 78 - Monday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Stewart great 200's pull set! You are looking sharp for this week-end. Good luck and hope you do well!