View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 78 - Tuesday

Rate this Entry
I had a late night by my standards last night after picking up my new car. I had a great nights sleep and had no alarm issues this morning, although I had to return to the house after leaving my subdivision because I remembered I had the new cars keys and the old ones had the key to the pool. Luckily I figured this out before I got to the pool because that would have sucked. Today's workout was mainly aerobic swimming with a few fast 50 swim and kick at the end.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45

Main set
500,400,300,200,100 pull on 1.10 base plus 10 seconds
4x(50 fast on 1min holding 200 pace,3x50 kick on 1min)

Warm down
200 easy

Total 3200scy

This lower yardage felt good and we should be down to mid 2k tomorrow with a meet warmup on Thursday. This is the first drop taper I have done since being back so it will be interesting to see what it translates to at the weekend. Hopefully some fast swims!!!

Submit "Week 78 - Tuesday" to Digg Submit "Week 78 - Tuesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 78 - Tuesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 78 - Tuesday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

You never told us what kind of car? Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo?
    Even if I had the money(which I don't) those are sprinters cars. Fast and flashy. I am a mid d guy and like my races my cars are sleek and smooth......I bought an infinity Q50
    That's a nice looking car. Good choice!
    Very nice choice! Nothing like the smell of a new steed and improved gadgets. Anxiously awaiting meet results to see where you are at. Best of luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    That's a nice looking car. Good choice!
    I like the car too. I just wish purchasing a car in general was a more pleasurable process. It's such a crappy process and I always feel like I am getting taken advantage of. It's a beating too. I did my research and played the game and got a good price but it wasted a day of my life I will never get back.
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarke
    Very nice choice! Nothing like the smell of a new steed and improved gadgets. Anxiously awaiting meet results to see where you are at. Best of luck!
    Thanks. This car has lots of toys and they are fun.

I am am looking forward to this weekend. This will be my first masters 1650 and I entered on NT. I have not done that in a long time. I could have made up a time but was afraid I would be swimming at 9pm so went with NT. The only downside is I will likely not have anyone to race.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Thanks. This car has lots of toys and they are fun.

I am am looking forward to this weekend. This will be my first masters 1650 and I entered on NT. I have not done that in a long time. I could have made up a time but was afraid I would be swimming at 9pm so went with NT. The only downside is I will likely not have anyone to race.
    I'm sure the NT entry time will upset a few others in your heat 1 swim of the 1650. No doubt there will be some true NT's in the heat, but they won't be expecting someone to drop a sub-17:00 mile on them!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I'm sure the NT entry time will upset a few others in your heat 1 swim of the 1650. No doubt there will be some true NT's in the heat, but they won't be expecting someone to drop a sub-17:00 mile on them!
    The meet starts at 6pm and there are currently 76 people entered in the 1650 with some like me probably doing paper entries. Despite what you saying probably being exactly right I am glad I made this choice and will be swimming early vs making up a time and swimming at 9pm or 10pm.

I am doing the 1000 on Sunday but I am tempted to get a 1000 split in my 1650 just in case I have second thoughts on Sunday; last event with a slightly smaller field but not by much.