View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 79 - Tuesday

Rate this Entry
I woke feeling pretty tired today despite a good nightís sleep. My wife was awake when I woke and she has been suffering with a temporary crown that has been hurting since she had it fitted last week. I feel bad that I can sleep solidly no matter what and she cant. She has a dentist appointment today to figure out whatís going on so fingers crossed she will get some pain relief.

Todayís workout was shorter than yesterday but was a hard quality and pace based workout. I had a little muscular discomfort in my right shoulder today so made sure I iced after we finished and it feels pretty right now. I felt quite stiff during the warm-up today but loosened up after the kick set.

Warm up
8x100 on 1.30 swum as free, back, free, free by 25

Main set
3x(4x50 kick on 50, 2x100 on 1.30 swum as drill, swim, underwater, back)
10x50 free on 33 holding 30 or quicker
12x75 on 1min swum as odds easy just making send off, and evens afap
10x25 on 30 afap

Warm down
350 easy

Total 4000scy

I held 30-31 during the 10x50 set. I found this hard today but suspect I am ready to drop another second on this type of set. Tom told me he wants my send off to drop to 30ís on this type of set(he is a great coach because he sees more in me than I see in myself). The 75s were hard, but I held 43ís on the afap 75s and 50ís on the easy 75s. On the afap 25s I held 12ís. I probably should have done these to my feet but by this point I was hurting and forgot this. I was supposed to do a 100 warm down but felt like I needed more so just swam until I made it to 4k for the morning.

I am creating some videos for the seniors at our club teams annual banquet at the end of this month and will be doing some interviews with the coaches tonight so will be back at the pool and will take the opportunity to lift tonight.

Submit "Week 79 - Tuesday" to Digg Submit "Week 79 - Tuesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 79 - Tuesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 79 - Tuesday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Nice workout today! Take care of that shoulder! See you tomorrow!