50 EZ
2 x 50 double shooter + 50 EZ
2 x 50 burst + cruise
50 EZ
2 x (25 AFAP + 125 EZ)
100 DPS backstroke

Total: 1800

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Felt pretty slaggy from yesterday's massage, but that's to be expected.

I registered for Canadian Nationals today. Still not 100% sure I'm going, but didn't want to get bumped by the 1000 person limit. I entered the max of 7 events. Probably won't swim all of them. 50 breast/100 back and 100 IM are all on Sunday. So that would be a tough day. I'm assuming they do split requests in Canada too ...

Event# 5 Women's 50 Backstroke 00:31.40
Event# 13 Women's 50 Butterfly 00:29.60
Event# 15 Women's 100 Breaststroke 01:22.00
Event# 23 Women's 100 Freestyle 01:05.00 (split request)
Event# 29 Women's 50 Breaststroke 00:36.80
Event# 31 Women's 100 Backstroke 01:11.00
Event# 39 Women's 100 Individual Medley 01:12.50

I was also very happy and surprised to be named a runner up for World Masters Swimmer of the Year. It definitely wasn't one of my best years in meters (only swam 7 events), but I did grab a couple WRs. Here's the list:

Top 12: WomenErika Braun, USA, 40-44; Olga Kokorina, RUS,90-94; yoshiko Osaki, JPN, 75-79; Rita Simonton, USA, 95-99;Laura Val, USA, 60-64; Jenny Whiteley, AUS, 55-59. MenRichardBurns, USA, 70-74; George corones, AUS, 95-99; David Guthrie,USA, 50-54; Willard Lamb, USA, 90-94; Tim Shead, USA, 60-64;Steve West, USA, 40-44.

Runners-Up: WomenJill Hernandez, USA, 50-54; Noriko Inada,JPN, 25-29; Leslie Livingston, USA, 50-54; Eliane Pellis, BEL, 80-84; Jean Troy, USA, 85-89; Diann Uustal, USA, 65-69. MenRickcolella, USA, 60-64; Alberto Montini, ITA, 45-49; Adam Ritter,USA, 25-29; Shigehisa Sekikawa, JPN, 80-84; Robert Strand, USA,65-69; Stev Theloke, GER, 35-39.

Submit "Runner Up, Tuesday, April 1" to Digg Submit "Runner Up, Tuesday, April 1" to del.icio.us Submit "Runner Up, Tuesday, April 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "Runner Up, Tuesday, April 1" to Google

Updated April 1st, 2014 at 06:56 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Canadian Nationals but no USMS Nationals?!

Congratulations on the WMSOY runner up. Any year in which you set WR's should be considered a great year I think!
    Thats an awesome achievement and you definitely deserve the recognition.
    Quote Originally Posted by scyfreestyler

Congratulations on the WMSOY runner up. Any year in which you set WR's should be considered a great year I think!
    I did the same thing when Canadian Nats where just north of me in British Columbia and USMS Nats were across the nation in N.Carolina. It's about location (and outdoors in Santa Clara isn't my first choice either).

I'm opting out of all national meets this year. Not worth the $$$ when I can swim half-a$$ed right here nearby to home.

Not sure about the split requests in Canada. You may want to research it more. When I was at Canadian Nats in 2012, I didn't see people doing it like you do. Maybe it's an American thing.
    Congrats on the runner up! That's awesome, especially since you're considering last year a sub-par year

Thanks Matt!

USMS nationals is in a crappy outdoor pool far away. Canadian Nationals is in a great indoor pool that is a six hour drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmieAvsFan;
    Congrats on the runner up! That's awesome, especially since you're considering last year a sub-par year
    Thanks Mollie!

It was based mostly on my swimming from Jan-June, when I was on fire. July-Dec (only 2 days of competing) was pretty darn sub-par. I still don't feel like I'm quite back to the first half level.
    Updated April 2nd, 2014 at 10:58 AM by The Fortress
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I did the same thing when Canadian Nats where just north of me in British Columbia and USMS Nats were across the nation in N.Carolina. It's about location (and outdoors in Santa Clara isn't my first choice either).

I'm opting out of all national meets this year. Not worth the $$$ when I can swim half-a$$ed right here nearby to home.

Not sure about the split requests in Canada. You may want to research it more. When I was at Canadian Nats in 2012, I didn't see people doing it like you do. Maybe it's an American thing.
    Well, internationally, people do split requests and set records in relay leadoffs all the time. I'll email the meet director. I'm only planning on doing one there, and I haven't done one in over a year. I just don't want to hang around for a fourth day to swim the 50 free on Monday. And I have to work that night.

Yeah, when you're not training the way you want, it's best to stick to local meets. It was a mistake for me to go to NE Champs last Dec. when I was only getting back into it. Wasted my money.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Thats an awesome achievement and you definitely deserve the recognition.
    Thanks Stewart! It was very nice. I was runner up in 2011 as well, but it feels sweeter this year since I've been struggling since the move.
    Congrats! What an awesome accomplishment!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Thanks Matt!

USMS nationals is in a crappy outdoor pool far away. Canadian Nationals is in a great indoor pool that is a six hour drive.
    That makes sense. I wouldn't be attending Nats this year were it not for the close proximity to home.
    That makes sense. I wouldn't be attending Nats this year were it not for the close proximity to home.
    Proximity and the same time zone is a big draw. I love California, but don't sleep well when visiting there.
    Quote Originally Posted by KEWebb18
    Congrats! What an awesome accomplishment!
    Thanks Katie! It was cool.