View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 79 - Wednesday

Rate this Entry
My wife finally got to see her dentist yesterday and they fixed the problem with her crown, but her face is now literally black and blue. She was given some pain killers which worked for a few hours but she had a horrendous night of sleep. Me on the other hand, I had a great night of sleep and woke feeling guilty because of this.

Todays workout was REALLY tough and almost half of it was swum as best average. By the end of this I was literally holding onto the gutter trying not to be sick.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
8x50 catchup on 45

Main sets
10x50 free on 40
8x100 kick on 2mins best average
200 easy
6x50 drill on 1 min
8x100 free on 2mins best average
100 easy

Warm down
12x50 drill on 1min

Total 4000scy

The 10x50s I held 31s and used this as a transition set. They felt harder than usual today for some reason but I got my heart rate up . I held my best masters times on the kick set going, 1.17,1.18,1.18,1.18,1.19,1.18,1.18,1.17 for a 1.17.9 best average. Prior to this as far as I can see my best was 1.20. The 8x100 free set was brutal. i felt great through the end of #3 but then hurt really badly the rest of the way and in fact at #5 thought we were on #6. I went 54,55,55,56,56,58,57,56 for a 55.9 best average which again I believe is the first time I have gone under 56 on this set. I am not sure what I could have done to feel less crappy on the second half of this set. The weird thing was that it was not just my legs but rather my whole body. I was fine through the first 50 on most of the back half but locked up earlier and earlier as the set went along. I am jazzed about the best average but this hurt worse than any set I can recall doing as a master. All other sets were swum as a recovery. I am going to feel this workout for a few days!!!

The coolest thing for me today was seeing my team mates(there were about 7 of us strung out across multiple lanes swimming the same sets) all have best times in these sets too. We had a great training group today and it was a lot of fun all of us swimming the same set on the same send offs. I suspect most of my team mates will be feeling this workout for a while too. Way to go RAM!!

Submit "Week 79 - Wednesday" to Digg Submit "Week 79 - Wednesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 79 - Wednesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 79 - Wednesday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Glad I am not the only one throwing down kicking best times this morning! I DO know there is NO WAY I could average under 1:20 on 100s repeat. That is kind of sad because I remember kicking 100s BR with a board and going under 1:20 regularly!
    That's a lot of best average swimming/kicking with some very impressive averages! Nice work!
    Nice set of 8x100's free! That set will help your 500 no doubt!
    Oh, man, that is a smoking set of best average 100s. Nice going.
    Yeah, really good. You'd need to pull me out of the gutter after that workout.
    Thanks everyone. I don't know if I was more excited about the kick set or the free set. I was excited by both sets. At the time they both really hurt but that free set in particular hurt like I had not hurt for a long long time.
    I usually like to to take it up to just below vomit and hold but I think those times would have put me over the edge!!! I would have had to get out at the 175 on those ..... oh wait I mean the 75!
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarke
    I usually like to to take it up to just below vomit and hold but I think those times would have put me over the edge!!! I would have had to get out at the 175 on those ..... oh wait I mean the 75!
    I was still hurting pretty bad today. It took me forever to get going this morning.