View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Workout with team

Rate this Entry
I had a good morning workout with TNYA today, at the John Jay College pool. A bunch of our team was away last week at swim camp (Ft. Lauderdale), and things were very quiet at practices. This week they’re all back, excited to build on the work they did, so workouts are crowded again, but in good way, with people who are feeling energetic and motivated.

Brad was back on deck, and here’s what I did:

800 scy warmup, various

2x through
300 pull @ 4:45
3 x 100 swim @ 1:35
4 x 50 kick @ 1:05
200 fast swim [FR/BK halfsie 2:39]
Regroup/extra rest

8 x 150 IMish, done as 2x through
150 fl-fr-bk-fr-br-fr @ 2:40
150 fl-bk-bk-br-br-fr @ 2:45
150 fl-fl-bk-bk-br-br @ 2:50
150 fr @ 2:15

2x through (there’s a theme here . . .)
2 x 75 FR swim w/ breathing pattern
1 x 75 (25 easy / 5sec./ 50 fast)
1 x 75 (50 easy / 5sec. / 25 fast)

That was it. I was swimming with some different lanemates today, and probably should have been more assertive about asking to go ahead, especially during the IM set, or less passive about placing myself back in the lane initially. Live and learn!

I entered a local meet on April 27--it’s the free event that is hosted by the NYC Parks Department every spring. There’s an outing to the Mets game after (the pool is on the opposite side of the subway tracks from CitiField.) This will be my first time up on the blocks since I swam at IGLA in August, and it should be just low-key and fun. I signed up for the 50 FL, 50 BR, 100 IM, and 200 IM, so I'll have some incentive to work on my short-axis strokes over the next few weeks.

Submit "Workout with team" to Digg Submit "Workout with team" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout with team" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout with team" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

We'll have two events together in Flushing: the IMs. I want to do the 100 back so am not doing the 50 fly, since they are next to each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by pool tourist
    We'll have two events together in Flushing: the IMs. I want to do the 100 back so am not doing the 50 fly, since they are next to each other.
    IM buddies--cool! And I hope we'll have a relay together as well!