View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Taper Workout for my LMSC Champs meet:

Rate this Entry
Here it is:

Warmup / get the heartrate going:
Changed the two drive belts on my car, one for the alternator and the A/C, the other for the power steering and water pump. The first of the two was about to dump me out along the highway this weekend had I not noticed the problem yesterday. Luckily I have the time and skills to get them done.

After that, keep it going with a moderate main set:
Went to the '83 Toyota pickup that's been up on jackstands for a couple days, and got the brake cylinder changed that had burst on the rear right wheel. Also got the brake lines purged and everything back and running, as well as changing the snow tires back to regular tires. I had these on from my last trip to Seattle when I got snowed it at the Kirkland masters meet.

Not bad, two cars in one morning, and a grand total spent of $55. $35 for the belts, $12 for the brake cylinder, and $8 for the brake fluid. Not bad for a do-it-yourself guy. Way better than going to a mechanic, which I've still yet to do.

Cooldown:
A day of work from 2:30-11:00pm or so. At least the plant is on a 'shutdown shift', meaning they're ending production for the week, so we'll only run the stuff about 1/2 the day, then change a few bearings or other things, plus tear down the plant for the cleanup crew later tonight.

What a hell of a taper day!!! I did get in 1,200 yards yesterday morning, which is plenty.
LMSC Champs this weekend, 1000 Free, 200 Free, 200 IM on Saturday, 1650, 200 Fly, 500 Free on Sunday.

I also signed up for the PNA Champs/NW Zone Champs today (final day to sign up). I found out yesterday that I won't be working on Saturday next week (the 12th), so I went for it!!
400 IM, 200 Fly, 50 Fly(in the 50 Free event), 100 IM, 1000 Free

Submit "Taper Workout for my LMSC Champs meet:" to Digg Submit "Taper Workout for my LMSC Champs meet:" to del.icio.us Submit "Taper Workout for my LMSC Champs meet:" to StumbleUpon Submit "Taper Workout for my LMSC Champs meet:" to Google

Comments

Good luck! Swim fast! Who cares if your training hasn't been consistent! You do alot of cross training at work and with the home construction.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Good luck! Swim fast! Who cares if your training hasn't been consistent! You do alot of cross training at work and with the home construction.
    ...and I'll be shaved down and wearing my speed suit as well. Can't blow away any opportunity, right!??