View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 79 - Saturday

Rate this Entry
I woke a little later than normal but with still plenty of time to grab a Saturday treat of coffe and an energy bar before I swam. I felt stiff again this morning but loosened up after the warm up and had one of the best main sets.

Warm up
800 swim with snorkel on 12 minutes

Main set
4x(3x50 holding 30s on 45, 100 AFAP on 2mins, 2x50 kick on 50)
5x200 swum aerobically with snorkel on 2:50
12x25 holding 200 pace on 30

Warm down
250 easy

Total 4000scy

I held the 30s to my feet on the 50s throughout and then really went for the 100s. My times were 53,52,51,51. I tried working the kick but was coming in on 40s. The 100s from a push I think we're my best times as a master. I was stoked. On the 25s at 200 pace I was holding 13s to my feet.

Overall a really tough week of training but a very successful and fun week.

After practice a group of us did weights. We did three rounds with each round consisting of 10,8,6 reps by round, and done as moderate,max,fail by round in terms of weight. I did bench press, inclined bench press, military press, seated row hands inside, seated rown hands outside, lat pull down hands inside, lat pull down hands outside, lower back incline. I was beat after this workout.

Its now down to three months until we start our taper for masters world championships in Montreal.

Submit "Week 79 - Saturday" to Digg Submit "Week 79 - Saturday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 79 - Saturday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 79 - Saturday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Nice workout today! I enjoyed our weight lifting session! Don't forget to send me the videos when you get a chance. You have really been doing good lately
    Awesome 100's! We're those from a push?
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    Nice workout today! I enjoyed our weight lifting session! Don't forget to send me the videos when you get a chance. You have really been doing good lately
    i will ask Abi to email you.

Despite my challenge with the stomach but last Sunday I am feeling quite happy with where I am in preparation for Montreal. Can't wait to start cranking in long course over the next couple of months.

You had had a great week this week. You looked particularly tired yesterday. It's hard doing long days and training and you are doing great. I am very excited about the group we have for worlds. Kathy committed yesterday for Wednesday night through Saturday. One more woman and you have your relay.
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarke
    Awesome 100's! We're those from a push?
    i was stoked about these. I felt very strong throughout each hundred. They were from a push. I don't recall many sets or times from college other than our regular 10x1000 set but I know for sure this is the fastest I have been in a workout as a master. I am finally feeling quick again. I can't wait to crank it up even more. I am definately feeling like a kid again in the pool. I am having a lot of fun!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    i will ask Abi to email you.

Despite my challenge with the stomach but last Sunday I am feeling quite happy with where I am in preparation for Montreal. Can't wait to start cranking in long course over the next couple of months.

You had had a great week this week. You looked particularly tired yesterday. It's hard doing long days and training and you are doing great. I am very excited about the group we have for worlds. Kathy committed yesterday for Wednesday night through Saturday. One more woman and you have your relay.
    So is Kathy going to worlds? If so that would be great!! I think yesterday I was more physically and mentally exhausted than anything, I don't think I ever recovered from the meet last weekend! Only 6 more weeks till my last final then I can focus on swimming more!!! We should do a worlds team get together. You have really been doing good lately. Thanks for all of your encouragement! I'm super stoked about long course. Hope you have a good trip this week and I will see you saturday. Thanks for setting up the group weight lifting I'm more prone to do it with a group than by myself!
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    So is Kathy going to worlds? If so that would be great!! I think yesterday I was more physically and mentally exhausted than anything, I don't think I ever recovered from the meet last weekend! Only 6 more weeks till my last final then I can focus on swimming more!!! We should do a worlds team get together. You have really been doing good lately. Thanks for all of your encouragement! I'm super stoked about long course. Hope you have a good trip this week and I will see you saturday. Thanks for setting up the group weight lifting I'm more prone to do it with a group than by myself!
    she did have a drink or two in her when she said it; it was Scott's 50th birthday yesterday so I saw him as we'll. if you see her this week try to encourage her but she seemed committed. She even mentioned lifting with us. You may have to give people a small poke this week I order for them to lift. Once it's a habit people will do it.

Good do luck this week.