View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 80 - Monday

Rate this Entry
I flew out to California for the week this morning and had to miss my normal team workout. I had the opportunity to swim with the NOVA team during there 10am workout prior to my first meeting. I had a great workout and swam with a young guy who recently graduated from USC. The workout was my kind of mid distance workout and it was a blast. I dont think Kevin was expecting this old dude to swim with him and it was good getting some great 500's in today. My only challenge was the pool was outdoor and I forgot to put sun screen on and this lilly white English guy ended up getting sun burnt. Nothing bad but I forgot just how white my skin is and how careful I have to be.

Warm up
500 easy with snorkel
500 with paddles moderate

Main set
4x(500 with a 50 back between 500's) swum as:
#1 1x50 holding 200 pace on 45, 400 strong on 1.15 base, 1x50 holding 200 pace on 45

#2 2x50 holding 200 pace on 45, 300 strong on 1.15 base, 2x50 holding 200 pace on 45
#3 3x50 holding 200 pace on 45, 200 strong on 1.15 base, 3x50 holding 200 pace on 45
#2 4x50 holding 200 pace on 45, 100 strong on 1.15 base, 4x50 holding 200 pace on 45

Warm down
1000 easy

Total 4000 scy

I was swimming stroke for stroke with the young guy throughout the set; he was half a body ahead of me throughout but on the last set it got even closer. I held 27s on the 50s and 1.02-1.03 pace on the strong swims. I felt good today. I really enjoyed todays practice and everyone was very friendly.

I am swimming LCM in Santa Monica tomorrow morning doing my own workout. My coach emailed earlier and I will be swimming a lot of 100s tomorrow. I am off to dinner shortly and expect to be in bed pretty early tonight!

---Stewart

Submit "Week 80 - Monday" to Digg Submit "Week 80 - Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 80 - Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 80 - Monday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Nice workout. I do like the NOVA team a lot, though I've missed them more often than I've swum with them lately, because there's almost always someone to race.

You won't need sunblock at 5:30 on Thursday morning in San Fran -- bring your clear goggles for some swimming in the dark!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    You won't need sunblock at 5:30 on Thursday morning in San Fran -- bring your clear goggles for some swimming in the dark!
    I did not think about clear goggles. Since I wear prescription lens I will have to make do with smoke. It maybe a little dark but oh we'll. I will text you on Wednesday.