View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 80 - Thursday

Rate this Entry
It's now 11pm pacific and I am so far beyond my normal bed time imam tempted to just stay up and wait for practice. I am very tired and today was a really long day. Despite being very tired I had a good day. I met pwb this morning and we had a really good workout with a superb group. In fact I enjoyed the workout so much I am going back tomorrow. I did not feel very fast today and put this down to general tiredness associated with a very hectic week but had a lot of fun.

Patrick and I swam with Burlingame masters at the Burlingame high school pool, which is yet another awesome California 50m x25 yard pool. We swam scy and despite the water being a little warm for my liking it's really hard to complain when you have such surroundings and at least 6 guys all swimming really quick. It was a great training group.

Warm up
200 with snorkel
1x300 free with snorkel on 3:45
2x200 free with snorkel on 2:30
3x100 free with snorkel on 1:10

Main set
2x(400 free moderate on 1:15 base, 3x200 descend 1-3 on 2:25,2:20,2:15, 50 AFAP, 50 easy)
4x(225 pull on 3mins, 75 free on 1min, 25 AFAP on 30)
5x100 on 1:30 swum 1,3,5 fast

Warm down
200 easy

Total 5400scy

I just hit the wall tiredness wise and will finish this post in the morning. Tomorrow is sprint day.

Submit "Week 80 - Thursday" to Digg Submit "Week 80 - Thursday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 80 - Thursday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 80 - Thursday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Great to meet you, Stewart. I guess it was lucky for me that you were feeling a bit tired yesterday so I didn't fall even further behind!

I hope you enjoyed the workout today. Beyond Ray giving good workouts and the team having fast swimmers, it's a very welcoming group. Your being in town yesterday reminded me I need to train with them more often when I'm in San Fran
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Great to meet you, Stewart. I guess it was lucky for me that you were feeling a bit tired yesterday so I didn't fall even further behind!

I hope you enjoyed the workout today. Beyond Ray giving good workouts and the team having fast swimmers, it's a very welcoming group. Your being in town yesterday reminded me I need to train with them more often when I'm in San Fran
    likewise it was terrific meeting you also Patrick. Great pool recommendation and an even better masters program. I agree with you on all aspects.

I swam with Burlingame again this morning. Anthony the Kiwi you mentioned previously swam with me along with one of the young guys from yesterday; the guy in the red swim suit. It was another really good workout. I was still tired today but had a great time. We did lots of fast 25s which is not my normal workout but was great fun like yesterday. I am finally heading home and suspect I will sleep really well on the flight.

I hope ops we get the opportunity to train together in the near future.