View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Weekend swims

Rate this Entry
I had a wonderful swim at Brighton Beach yesterday. It was a beautiful beach day, sunny and still with air temps in the 60s. The water is still in the mid-40s, though, so no crowds cavorting in the surf—just a few of us CIBBOWS swimmers out for a dip. This week I swam a tad over a half mile, and shivered pleasantly afterwards on the beach. The water felt good, tingly but not painful. I always enjoy swimming with a greater sense of purpose in the cold—there’s no temptation to lollygag. I hope the weather is as cooperative next weekend so that I can get in some more cold water swimming before the CT race.

Today I swam at Riverbank, but cut the workout short as I was feeling very fatigued, and trying to go fast just wasn’t feeling good. I again attempted a vintage HVT workout—here’s how far I got:

800 lcm warmup (400s, 200 IM k, 100 p, 100 IM)
8 x 50 @ 1:15, 2 each stroke, odds k/s, evens d/s
3 x 150 IM (no free) @ 3:00
50 easy

4x through
200 long-axis IM (25fl/75bk/25br/75fr) @ 3:50
4 x 50 @ 1:20, done as 3 ST (IM order by round) desc., 1 easy FR
300 warmdown

It was probably good I stopped when I did—I took a long hard nap after I got home, and have felt achy and feverish ever since. I’m hoping in that magical thinking kind of way that everything will feel better when I wake up in the morning … we’ll see.

Submit "Weekend swims" to Digg Submit "Weekend swims" to del.icio.us Submit "Weekend swims" to StumbleUpon Submit "Weekend swims" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments