View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Monday, April 14, 2014 7:00-8:00am Back at it and felt ok

Rate this Entry
After skipping out on the NW Zone meet this past weekend, I suddenly began to feel a lot better as far as my neck goes (isn't that the way it always is??). Really it was just rest and time to wait it out. Saturday was good to watch my kids at the soccer games, though with two of them in two different nearby towns at nearly the same time, I didn't get to see all of my son's game before I had to leave for my daughter's game. She definitely has improved a lot over this past year. While playing center-midfield, she got a run down the middle after a ball and drove all the way to the goal, only to have her shot caught by the goalie. So close!, but I was still quite proud of her.

Sunday, I did my own form of massage therapy: Rototilled the garden and more. I have a very old yet very old reliable 8HP rototiller that my dad's friend gave to us years ago. It is so powerful that it will basically self propel itself through the previously tilled dirt of the garden without much guidance from me. The harder part of the job was answering my wife's request to basically double the size of the garden this year. The good thing is that that 8HP tiller will cut into dry hardened ground without too much effort on my part. We pulled up tons of rocks, and got them cleared. Found a few other items in the ground as well, glass, metal parts, etc. The biggest item I found was a metal water pipe with a "T" fitting on it. It was an 1 1/2" pipe about 18" long overall. The rototiller definitely bucked hard when I got that one, but kept going no problem.
It was already a pretty good size, but now it's about the size of a small house in square footage, or maybe I should measure in acreage!! I do have a 1/2 acre lot, so I would guess that I'm using about 1/10th of the total lot on my garden space.

I was tired last night, after about a 6 hour ordeal of physical work, plus got my springtime tan started, as it was a clear, sunny warm day yesterday, and I always work shirtless like a good boy should. As a swimmer I have to have a "realistic" tan line when I get to the pool!

Monday morning:

I woke up this morning half expecting to be in pain again, but it was basically non-existent. I went to the pool to do a stretchout swim, and it felt like I'd been out of the water forever. Basically I'm starting over again, building into long course meters season for competitions. I will have 3 LCM meets available here in Wenatchee this summer. The two normal ones - Apple Capital in early June, and Starlight Invite in early July, as well as the LSC Champs meet in late July. So I guess I can pick and choose my events this summer rather than trying to cram them all into one meet.

Warmup:

300 Free
3 x 100 SDK w/ short fins @ 1:30
2 x 200 Free Pull @ 2:45
(1000/1000)

10 x 50 1-arm Fly Drill, 4 right/4 left each length @ :10-:15 rest
(500/1500)

5 x 100 Free Pull @ 1:30, 1:25, 1:20, 1:15, 1:10 (held 1:06s)
I was running out of gas near the end of this
(500/2000)

10 x 50 Flutter Kick w/ board @ 1:00
(500/2500)

8 x 25 Free cruise @ :30 (#4 was free fast, #8 was fly fast)
(200/2700)

100 EZ kick on back

--------------------------------
2800 Yards

Submit "Monday, April 14, 2014 7:00-8:00am Back at it and felt ok" to Digg Submit "Monday, April 14, 2014 7:00-8:00am Back at it and felt ok" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, April 14, 2014 7:00-8:00am Back at it and felt ok" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, April 14, 2014 7:00-8:00am Back at it and felt ok" to Google

Comments