View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 81 - Monday

Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
I had a decent nights sleep but woke two hours before my alarm was supposed to go off and struggled going back to sleep. I got up and headed to the pool a little early but half way to the pool realized I had given my key up last week because I was out of town and as a result I had to sit outside the pool until the life guard arrived.

The pool was setup for long course again today and I had another good workout today. I generally felt pretty strong in the water. I have enjoyed swimming long course and I am feeling somewhat adjusted already.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 50

Main set
12x200 pull on 2.40
10x50 with fins on 1 min swum 25 streamline kick on back and 25 sprint free
10x50 free on 1.20 swum at 400 pace

Warm down
200 easy

Total 4300 LCM

I held 2.18-2.20 on the 200s pull and felt good throughout the set. On the 50s with fins I was holding 30s. On the fins at 400 pace I was turning at each 50 and holding 32s.

Tonight i I lifted and focused on legs. I did 3 rounds with 10,8,6 reps per round at 80%, max, fail by round.

3x(leg press, left leg extension, right leg tension, left leg curl, right leg curl, free weight left leg lung, free weight right leg lung)

10 minute on vasa trainer.

Submit "Week 81 - Monday" to Digg Submit "Week 81 - Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 81 - Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 81 - Monday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Nice set of 200's pull! Just got back from Sarasota where I swam at Y-Nats. Times a mixed bag some faster and some slower than three weeks ago. Motivation high to get back in pool training.
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarke
    Nice set of 200's pull! Just got back from Sarasota where I swam at Y-Nats. Times a mixed bag some faster and some slower than three weeks ago. Motivation high to get back in pool training.
    I have been meaning to followup to see how you did. I had the same mixed bag when I started competing again, its par for the course. The key is staying positive; which I know you will do. We are all different but when I got that itch to start training hard I took a step back and set some short and long term goals. I found this helped keep my feet on the floor and focus the energy I was putting into training. You maybe at that point. Spring Nationals next year are in San Antonio and it would be great to race in the same age group at that meet; no matter the outcome it will be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    You maybe at that point. Spring Nationals next year are in San Antonio and it would be great to race in the same age group at that meet; no matter the outcome it will be fun.
    Funny - today I just looked at my times from 2010/11 when I swam my best masters times and what I did to achieve those. I have set some new goal times that I would like to achieve next year for both SCY and LCM. I am being realistic about my comeback and think that it's going to take until next season to be fully prepared to be competitive. In the short term I have put together a spreadsheet tracking all my workouts with daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly training goals and yardages (yes I am a little bit of a nerdy engineer). I have also broken down what test sets I will be doing and defined the times that I will need to do and will track progress towards those goals as I go. I am sure there will be bumps in the road but I like to plan the work then work the plan!

Yes Spring Nats 2015 and LCM Nats 2015 on my radar! We can cross then! Should be fun and reading your blog always reminds me of what needs to be done!
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarke
    Funny - today I just looked at my times from 2010/11 when I swam my best masters times and what I did to achieve those. I have set some new goal times that I would like to achieve next year for both SCY and LCM. I am being realistic about my comeback and think that it's going to take until next season to be fully prepared to be competitive. In the short term I have put together a spreadsheet tracking all my workouts with daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly training goals and yardages (yes I am a little bit of a nerdy engineer). I have also broken down what test sets I will be doing and defined the times that I will need to do and will track progress towards those goals as I go. I am sure there will be bumps in the road but I like to plan the work then work the plan!

Yes Spring Nats 2015 and LCM Nats 2015 on my radar! We can cross then! Should be fun and reading your blog always reminds me of what needs to be done!
    planning is is fun and energizing and it also helps in those workouts where you are not feeling it. Sounds like we are wired the same way. I too am a nerdy engineer.

i suspect 2015 Nats will be well attended and the facility in San Antonio is awesome. I train in a great facility but San Antonio is unparalleled in terms of the facility, simply awesome. I can't wait.