View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 81 - Wednesday

Rate this Entry
I was again VERY sore this mnorning. Why is it that the second day after weights hurts more than the first. In fact this morning I was so sore I almost locked up getting out of bed. Luckily I did not face plant on the floor or anything like that.

I got to the pool early this morning and used the time to get in a start swimming early with the thought that I would loosen up; it never actually happened and I just hurt for longer than normal. It was a funny workout because I swam longer than normal but did about the normal yardage for a wednesday workout.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
8x50 catchup on 45
8x200 back on 2.40 swum as 75 stroke, 25 drill, 75 stroke, 25 drill

Main set
3x(75 kick on 1.20, 50 swim on 35, 25 underwater on 40, 25 underwater on 40, 50 swim on 35, 75 kick on 1.20) - Tom said to do 6 rounds as 75,50,25, but that meant kicking without a kick board so I switched it slightly
100 easy
4x300 swim on 3.30 holding 1.05 pace with snorkel
100 easy
16x25 on 40 holding 200 pace with a turn

Warm down
200 easy

Total 4500scy

I was holding 1min pace on the kick 75s, 30s on the free 50s and taking one breath on the underwaters and going 21-22s. On the 300s I held 1.05 pace but it felt terrible and I was struggling with push offs due to my leg pain on my turns. The 25s I was holding 13-14s.

I plan on inflicting more pain tonight by working my legs again. As they say, what does not kill you makes you stronger. With under 4 months til worlds I need to pick up my game and work my legs.

I found out this morning that even more of our team will be heading to worlds in Montreal. We will have a group of 8 plus family currently going and its my hope we may get a couple more.

Submit "Week 81 - Wednesday" to Digg Submit "Week 81 - Wednesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 81 - Wednesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 81 - Wednesday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Sounds like a great team event for Worlds. If you need it, though it would only sleep about 4, maybe 6 people, my wife and I stayed at a great place we found on VRBO when we were in Montreal for 2012 Olympic Trials there. I can probably dig up the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Sounds like a great team event for Worlds. If you need it, though it would only sleep about 4, maybe 6 people, my wife and I stayed at a great place we found on VRBO when we were in Montreal for 2012 Olympic Trials there. I can probably dig up the info.
    Thanks so much for the offer. A lot of us have family coming to watch so most of us have already made arrangements. I am renting a condo so that my wife, kids and parents can stay together.

i know it's still sometime off but I am already getting excited!