View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Struck Down, April 16

Rate this Entry
The cold I started getting turned very ugly and seems to have devolved into bronchitis. I've been out of the water for 5 days and don't think I'll be able to train with some intensity for awhile. Given this, I'm about 95% sure I'm scratching Canadian Nationals. I won't really have had a good period of training after resting for my last two meets. I had been hoping for about 4 1/2 weeks of solid training. Without that, I just won't be in shape to do 100s at a multi day meet and it doesn't seem worth the time and expense. Disappointing. I may try to reboot and do 50s at a long course meet in Buffalo on June 7 instead.

Cough cough.

Submit "Struck Down, April 16" to Digg Submit "Struck Down, April 16" to del.icio.us Submit "Struck Down, April 16" to StumbleUpon Submit "Struck Down, April 16" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Well that just sucks, sucks, sucks.

I hope you recover soon.
    Geez, you just can't catch a break! I hope this is short lived and you feel better fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Well that just sucks, sucks, sucks.

I hope you recover soon.
    Yeah, it sucks. There are a couple of my PV friends attending that meet and it would have been quite fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpetyk
    Geez, you just can't catch a break! I hope this is short lived and you feel better fast.
    Thanks so much. Yeah, it's been a rough year. And I finally felt like I was getting into more of a groove. But there's always another meet.
    Would allergies be part of it? Potent illnesses can start from a simple seasonal allergic response

100's - What kind of sprint lasts close to a minute anyway? And to rock both the 50s and 100s in same time frame would take an awful lot of preparation (without any setback )

Bounce back soon !
    Updated April 16th, 2014 at 04:54 PM by __steve__
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Would allergies be part of it? Potent illnesses can start from a simple seasonal allergic response

100's - What kind of sprint lasts close to a minute anyway? And to rock both the 50s and 100s in same time frame would take an awful lot of preparation (without any setback )

Bounce back soon !
    I suspect I just caught something from one of my swimmers. A few have been sick recently. And I'm on all my allergy meds. But that could be part of it.

Yes, a few weeks is not enough time to train for a big meet. If I had stayed healthy, all my prior racing would have helped though. And I would have been game. But this is too big a setback.
    That's too bad, seems you always get stuck with this at the worst times

But there is some nastiness going around. I got hit with something over the weekend, and nearly everyone I work with who was at that conference last week got it. Heck, even my boss's boss has had to call in sick--an extremely rare event for her!

That Buffalo meet sounds interesting though... Is the pool outside? I need to keep my eyes open for things like that, where I could possibly visit family back there. The timing of that looks like it would work for my schedule.
    The Buffalo pool is a great pool. I think the Erie Community College Pool downtown is better. I have done good swims in both in the 90s. I think that Univ at Buffalo will meet your high pool standards. get better soon.
    Updated April 16th, 2014 at 09:12 PM by tjrpatt
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    That's too bad, seems you always get stuck with this at the worst times

But there is some nastiness going around. I got hit with something over the weekend, and nearly everyone I work with who was at that conference last week got it. Heck, even my boss's boss has had to call in sick--an extremely rare event for her!

That Buffalo meet sounds interesting though... Is the pool outside? I need to keep my eyes open for things like that, where I could possibly visit family back there. The timing of that looks like it would work for my schedule.
    Yeah, I remember I was sick during LCM Zones last June. I think it's the spring. I can't seem to escape the spring, and all the attendant allergies, without some major crud.

The Buffalo pool is inside. Swimming a 50 LCM backstroke outside = torture. I may get one of my swimmers to join too.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    The Buffalo pool is a great pool. I think the Erie Community College Pool downtown is better. I have done good swims in both in the 90s. I think that Univ at Buffalo will meet your high pool standards. get better soon.
    Yep, I've been there to watch Teen Fort swim years ago and I remember it being fairly nice. Geez, I hope I get better soon. No real improvement so far.
    Oh drat! I was looking forward to hanging out with you that weekend.

I hope you feel better super duper soon!
    I think you should go for it at Canadian Nat's...I'll ship you some JAGUAR juice if I can find some more. It works pretty good, especially when you're not training as well as you'd like to. :-)

Joking aside, I hope you feel better soon. I'm sidelined at the moment too after s soccer practice injury from one of my son's teammates.
    Updated April 17th, 2014 at 04:14 AM by jaadams1
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmieAvsFan;
    Oh drat! I was looking forward to hanging out with you that weekend.

I hope you feel better super duper soon!
    I know ... After my last couple meets, I was feeling more excited about training/racing and that meet seemed ideal. But I really needed to be healthy for that chunk of training. Between resting for Columbus/Zones and this prolonged thing, I've definitely lost conditioning. I will miss you guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I think you should go for it at Canadian Nat's...I'll ship you some JAGUAR juice if I can find some more. It works pretty good, especially when you're not training as well as you'd like to. :-)

Joking aside, I hope you feel better soon. I'm sidelined at the moment too after s soccer practice injury from one of my son's teammates.
    If it was closer, I'd swim for fun. But I'm not going to travel all that way and spend $$$ on a multi day meet when I'm not in the best of shape. When you got to that kind of meet, you want to swim well, not just swim.

Heal up quickly!