View RSS Feed

Vlog the Inhaler, or The Occasional Video Blog Musings of Jim Thornton

Help for Swimmer's Thumb!

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Today's belated vlog offers great hope and comfort to the estimated 97 percent of my fellow masters swimmers who suffer greatly, as I do, from the condition known as Swimmer's Thumb.

In the video below, you will learn all you ever cared to know--and more--about the treatment of this condition.

But first, a quick catching-up of my recent swimming and--brace yourselves--weight-lifiting activities. After being sidelined for 8 days with swine flu lite and Swimmers Thumb, I returned to the pool and gymnasium with a vengeance, determined to lose weight and pack on muscle.

I am delighted to tell you that one of these goals is already paying off, at the illusory detriment to the other. To wit: I have gained 5 additional lb. ......
of solid muscle!

Here are my activities since getting off the sick bed and thumb ottoman (the numbers refer to yards; the word "weights" refers to Nautilus sessions; and tennis refers to a sport by which a yellow ball is smacked around with sticks with wickety heads attached to their ends):

1. 3150
  2. 500 & weights
  3. 3200
  4. weights
  5. tennis
  6. 4500
  7. weights
  8. 3800
  9. weights
  10. 5000

-------------------------

And now, as promised, Help for Swimmer's Thumb!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzYhmTf3250"]YouTube - Untitled[/ame]

Submit "Help for Swimmer's Thumb!" to Digg Submit "Help for Swimmer's Thumb!" to del.icio.us Submit "Help for Swimmer's Thumb!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Help for Swimmer's Thumb!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Jim Thornton, Medicine Zonesman
    Thanks, Tom! Just returned from the Nautilus chamber where today I lifted 48,000 collective pounds. As some point, I am going to post a vlog on weight lifting and try to stir some debate on what for my money is the central question here:

Does it improve swimming speed, endurance, or both--or does it have only neutral effects, or does it hurt these things?
    Who needs health insurance when Dr. Jamesuardo's videos provide all the medical advice a body would ever need!
    Finger cots, alas, do not grow on turnip trees, get harvested, shipped, and fall off turnip trucks. That's why we need healthcare reform now in this country. Single payer for finger cots!
    I seemed to detect a slightly perverted subliminal message associated with the "finger cot" video presentation........or is my mind just in the gutter?
    My medical vocabulary and my pool-side first aid skills have been greatly appended by this valuable Zonesentation.
    Thanks, EricOrca. Bobinator, your mind may be in the gutter, but that doesn't make you a bad person. Perhaps a bad person to be teaching Kindergarteners, but not a bad person generally.

Speaking of which, did any of you see the episode of South Park where Ike has an affair with his Kindergarten teacher

As far as inappropriate humor goes, it's awfull hard to beat ol' South Park!
    Bob, if your mind is in the gutter then mine is completely down the drain.