View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 81 - Thursday

Rate this Entry
The past two days I have been walking around like an old man and I mean a really old man, as a result of lifting and focusing intensly on legs on monday night. Last night my legs still hurt pretty bad but in my insane mind decided to work on my legs yet again. I added a few back exercises just because I could not do legs only as a result of being in so much pain. Lets just say I had tears in my eyes on the first round of exercises. In particular the leg press exercises felt like someone had pushed hot pokers into my thighs and I literally had tears coming down my cheeks. I powered through the first round and this helped to loosen me up and by the 3rd round actually lifted the same amount of weight I did on monday with only moderate discomfort. We did the normal 3 rounds of 10,8,6 reps at 80%, max and fail per round.

3x(left leg extension, right leg extension, left leg curl, right leg curl, leg press, lunges, lower back extension, lat pull down with hands inside, lat pull down with hands outside)

I did 10 minutes of vasa trainer to finish the workout.

This morning I woke up expecting to face plant as I got out of bed and despite still being in a lot of discomfort felt better relative to how I felt yesterday morning. I headed to the pool normal time and had a long warmup followed by a good pace set and by the end felt really good. My legs still hurt but not nearly as badly as I thought they would. Its my hope that by Saturday I am pain free. Watch this space!!

Warm up
4x(200 free on 2.40, 3x50 back on 40, 4x50 kick on 50)

Main Set
15x100 on 1.30 holding 1min

Warm down
5x100 easy

Total 4200scy

I found the warmup quite tiring today and was hurting pretty bad on round 1. In particular pushing off on turns sucked. I descended by round(not intentionally but I suspect I was loosening up). On the main set I held 59s and 1mins throughout with the exception of the last round where I went 56. I got done before my training partner Bill got done since he was going on a slower send off, so used his last 5 as a longer warm down. It was fun to see him picking up his times with a rabbit(me) slightly ahead of him. I asked him after the 1st one if he was ok with me swimming alongside, because I know it can annoy some people when they are tired to have me next to them. He thanked me profusely for pushing him, so I swam next to him until the last one where I let him have 5 seconds lead and then pulled him back throughout the 100. He went 1.07 on the last one and he was super excited since his hold time was 1.12. His last 500 he was holding 1.10s so his combined add up time was well under 6 mins. I enjoyed this also and used it as a way to get a nice long higher than usual warm down.

Submit "Week 81 - Thursday" to Digg Submit "Week 81 - Thursday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 81 - Thursday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 81 - Thursday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Good on you for using your cooldown to help a buddy out and speed him up. One of my guys did that to me a few weeks ago and it really helped/inspired. Can't wait to hear about your Saturday workout!
    Quote Originally Posted by flystorms
    Good on you for using your cooldown to help a buddy out and speed him up. One of my guys did that to me a few weeks ago and it really helped/inspired. Can't wait to hear about your Saturday workout!
    We have such a great workout group and everyone is so supportive of each other, despite many of us swimming different events and strokes, everyone supports everyone else. It's pretty awesome when you have a supportive and positive group to train with.