View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Friday, April 18

Rate this Entry
I was still too sick to swim yesterday. The crud still has a firm hold on my chest. I've read that asthma and allergies make you more susceptible to serious colds. This seems very true in my case. I rarely get an annoying cold; I always get a serious debilitating one. So I've missed an entire week of workouts, and I'm not at all near 100%. Such a frustrating year. Just when I was making some forward progress, I get nailed. I've also only gotten in one weights session in the last month with resting for meets and this gunk. I can tell I've lost a few pounds and some muscle mass. This summer, even though I won't be as focused on swimming or competing, I'm going to try to be very consistent about strength training. I'm hoping I can get some decent training in in the next 5 1/2 weeks before the Buffalo meet on June 7.

Today, I just did 2000 EZ. I felt terrible in the water and weak as a kitten.

Submit "Friday, April 18" to Digg Submit "Friday, April 18" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, April 18" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, April 18" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

My 15 year old boy has to get shots for his allergies. He's been doing so for 5 years or so. But it helps:-)
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    My 15 year old boy has to get shots for his allergies. He's been doing so for 5 years or so. But it helps:-)
    I tried allergy shots years ago. They didn't help. They only work on approx 30% of adults.