View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 82 - Monday

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
I had a great nights sleep last night and woke about 10mins before the alarm went off. I headed to the pool hoping the pool was still setup for long course which it was. I was heading to Boston for the week after practice so hoped to get a good long aerobic workout in today which Tom delivered.

Main set
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup

Main set
10x300 pull on 4mins
8x100 kick on 2mins swum as repeat as needed 20seconds fast, 10seconds easy

Warm down
100 double arm back easy

Total 4600LCM

i felt very stiff today and the feeling never really went away. On the 300s I was holding 1.10 pace throughout. The 100s kick were tiring and I was holding 1.45s. It's surprising how the fast/slow hurt more than a consistent pace kicking at the same time on Saturday. I don't know why but these hurt.

I am training with the BUMS team while I am in Boston this week. I spoke to one of the coaches last week and she seemed very nice and I am sure the team will be like other masters teams I have trained with recently and very friendly. I have a busy work schedule all week with tomorrow in particular pretty rough. I have a small window between the end of practice and my first meeting so fingers crossed traffic behaves itself. Today was the Boston Marathon so Boston is very busy as I walked around town today. Fingers crossed as the week goes by traffic will return to Boston norms. Luckily most of my meetings are downtown so not much driving is required other than tomorrow.

Submit "Week 82 - Monday" to Digg Submit "Week 82 - Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 82 - Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 82 - Monday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Enjoy Boston! I'm sure wiht all the marathon fervor going on there, the place is jumping. Hope you can get in a workout or two while there.
    Quote Originally Posted by flystorms
    Enjoy Boston! I'm sure wiht all the marathon fervor going on there, the place is jumping. Hope you can get in a workout or two while there.
    i lived here for 5 years earlier in my working life and thoroughly enjoyed my time here. Every time I come back I the going home feeling. I love Boston. Last night was pretty frantic but a lot of people seem to have left the city so it's somewhat back to normal. Or at least as normal as big cities go.