View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 04/21/14: evening

Rate this Entry
How, been a while since I was able to get a workout in. We made a trip to southern Virginia last week during school vacation, stopping in Philly and DC for a day before getting to hang out with friends for a bit. I got some info from Chris S. about swimming in the Richmond area, but was not able to make it happen with family activities. Instead of enjoying the parking lot known as I-95, we took a more westerly route home and stopped in at Gettysburg before traversing PA and then shooting north back to VT.

President Obama says hello

I did sneak in 20 minutes on Thursday for a swim, but basically floated about after the long ride home on Wednesday. Had to work the weekend, but made it sunrise service at 6am, then to my sister-in-law's house for an egg hunt and Easter dinner, then went to celebrate the one year anniversary of the church plant for a resurrection service in the evening - a great night!

After work today I hopped in to the water:
200 Fr/200 Bk/200 IM drill
400 kick/drill by 50
5 x 50 FR on :45
1 x 50 ez
5 x 50 Bk on :50
1 x 50 ez
20 x 25 on :30 (2 Fr DPS, 1 IM order sprint, 1 FR DPS)
300 loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/2400 yds/45 min)
--------------------------------

Ate too much on vacation and also Easter, so I feel like a stuffed pig (and look the same way). I am looking forward to picking up jogging again a couple of days per week after this weekend's meet in order to help drop some weight.

Speaking of the meet, we are now at 19 entries with early deadline to be postmarked by tomorrow. I am planning for ten more to come in before the weekend from some of the clubs in western Mass, and hopefully some from neighboring Adirondack's. Don't think well hit the almost 40 from last year, but should get over 30. The biggest headache right now is that two of three officials have dropped out, so we are looking for a second one with me probably filling as well as an extra set of eyes. I am confident the pool will be full and ready for a fun meet by Saturday.

Submit "Workout 04/21/14: evening" to Digg Submit "Workout 04/21/14: evening" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 04/21/14: evening" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 04/21/14: evening" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Planning

Comments

Last summer we posed at exact same spot with same tree in background. The dude that lives there though, didn't say hello