View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 82 - Thursday

Rate this Entry
I slept well last night but woke tired. I was much less stiff and sore in the water and my left arm felt good today.

Warm up
400 free
6x50 on 45

Main sets
3x(2x50 kick on 50, round 1 and 3 4x75 build on 1min, 2x50 drill/swim, 4x25 free 12.5 swum fast, 12.5 easy on 30) round 1&3 free, round 2 back
100 easy
4x(2x75 swim,kick,swim on 1min, 3x50 drill swim on 40, 4x25 kick alternating fast easy on 25, 100 IM on 1.20) IM order per round except 100IM which is swum straight.
100 easy
4x150 pull swum as 150 smooth, 100 smooth 50 fast, 50 smooth 100 fast, 150 fast on 1.40

Warm down
300 easy

Total 5250scy

I was a man on a mission today to ramp up my yardage and speed and it felt good reducing the amount of rest between sets and rounds. Most of the sets were a fixed time or 10-15secs rest. I think the 10-15 secs rest was aimed at the slower swimmers but I went this route to get a good fast workout. Scott from the Stanford Masters was swimming again today and he and I shared a lane and we swam our own times. I really enjoyed swimming the workout. After talking to Scott i think I will swim with the Stanford masters when I am on campus in June. I also really enjoyed the Burlingame masters workouts so will probably do a day or two with each while I am back in the Bay Area.

I have one more workout before heading home tomorrow.

Yesterday was a stressful day. It was my wife and I's 20th wedding anniversary yesterday and I was on the road! We obviously discussed this when this trip came up and DeAnna was very supportive. We discussed celebrating when I get home on Saturday.

Also yesterday, very sadly, one of the kids in the sixth grade(11-12 years old) at my daughters school shot himself yesterday. My daughter new him but was not close but all sorts of things go through your head when you hear things like this. Obviously your heart goes out to the child and his family but I quickly jumped to my own kids and wanting to protect them. My wife and I discussed always telling and letting our kids know they can tell us anything. Nothing is as bad as they think it is; and I mean nothing. We don't want to go right at this issue either but it's important to keep reinforcing to our kids that they can tell us anything

Submit "Week 82 - Thursday" to Digg Submit "Week 82 - Thursday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 82 - Thursday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 82 - Thursday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Also yesterday, very sadly, one of the kids in the sixth grade(11-12 years old) at my daughters school shot himself yesterday.
    Wow, that's just sad. Those should be carefree years for a kid. Tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Wow, that's just sad. Those should be carefree years for a kid. Tragic.
    It is so sad. I have to stay off my soap box but I don't understand how the kid had access to his fathers shot gun. Also I don't understand how a kid of 11-12 can be this depressed.