View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

12:30-5:00 Sat., April 26

Rate this Entry
12:30-5:00. That's how long it took me to travel and get a 1:15 workout in. I am still so very frustrated with Pittsburgh. Please don't read if you don't want a rant. I left my house at 12:30, drove :30 to Pitt, spend :15 parking and walking to the pool. Then I discovered it was closed again until May 5. So disappointing. So I journeyed to Sewickly, another half hour. When I got there there was a party taking up most of the pool and the two lap lanes had three slow swimmers in them. I waited about 40 minutes to get a lane. Then had a long drive home. I could not be more frustrated with the bleak pool situation here. Universities and high school pools are basically shut off to the public. The brand new high school pool 5 minutes from me is only open to the public from 9-10 pm during the week, never on the weekend. F!!!! I cannot believe I live in a place with no pools and no meets .... I informed Mr. Fort today that he will have zero input on where we retire. I have to live in this h*llhole for masters swimmers; he has to move to somewhere more hospitable at some point. To top it off, I am still only about 80-85%. One of my swimmers had the same ailment -- crushing fatigue, congestion, cough. She was out two weeks and isn't well either. Anyway, I got in a short workout without much speed. No UW work because the pool is only 3.5 feet deep at one end.

Warm up:

600 various
100 scull
100 fly drills
10 x 50 free w/paddles @ :50
50 EZ

Main sets:

4 x 25 burst + cruise @ :45
100 EZ

4 x (25 AFAP + 75 EZ)
-- didn't get my times, analog clocks weren't synched
100 EZ

5 x 150 kick w/fins @ 2:30
-- 25 fast + 25 EZ by 50s
100 EZ

5 x (75 strong free w/paddles & fins + 75 EZ) @ 3:00
100 EZ

Total: 3750

Submit "12:30-5:00 Sat., April 26" to Digg Submit "12:30-5:00 Sat., April 26" to del.icio.us Submit "12:30-5:00 Sat., April 26" to StumbleUpon Submit "12:30-5:00 Sat., April 26" to Google

Updated April 26th, 2014 at 06:35 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I still say you and the Mr. need to build an indoor pool - nice and deep with blocks, flags, pace clocks. You can hold masters practices there. 3 lanes ought to be sufficient. Think of the $ would would save on gas NOT driving to practice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    I still say you and the Mr. need to build an indoor pool - nice and deep with blocks, flags, pace clocks. You can hold masters practices there. 3 lanes ought to be sufficient. Think of the $ would would save on gas NOT driving to practice!
    Ha! I'll tell Lil Fort she can forget college. We really don't have enough yard to build a really nice pool anyway and we're perched on a hill.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Ha! I'll tell Lil Fort she can forget college. We really don't have enough yard to build a really nice pool anyway and we're perched on a hill.
    The former problem can be solved with a scholarship or a service academy. The latter is a bit more of a challenge
    Back on serous note, I hope you find a good training option soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    The former problem can be solved with a scholarship or a service academy. The latter is a bit more of a challenge
    Back on serous note, I hope you find a good training option soon.
    That's the problem and why I am so frustrated --- there is not one single pool with more than four foot depth that is open to the public. Not one. No options at all