View RSS Feed

Calvin S

Saturday 4/26/14

Rate this Entry
by , April 28th, 2014 at 12:17 AM (308 Views)
Saturday 4/26

"Arkansas Masters Hall of Fame Meet"

Today was the 10th annual Hall of Fame meet. Tonight is the hall of fame banquet for Arkansas Swimming, so the masters put on a meet during the early afternoon. I swam the 100 I.M., 100 BK, and 50 FR on a 200 FR relay. The meet is really short and today where was only one break between events, and all my events fell AFTER the break. I swam the I.M., climbed out, got a drink, and was getting right back in for the 100 BK. Same thing after the 100 BK. All in all, I was happy with how I swam given the short rest. My long axis strokes felt stronger (probably in part from getting back into lifting) while my short axis strokes felt sluggish (probably in part from getting back into lifting...).

100 I.M. - 57.26 (26.73/30.53)

100 BK - 1:03.73 (30.56/33.17)

50 FR - 23.21
(3rd spot on the relay)

Total: 1500 ish

Submit "Saturday 4/26/14" to Digg Submit "Saturday 4/26/14" to del.icio.us Submit "Saturday 4/26/14" to StumbleUpon Submit "Saturday 4/26/14" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Nice meet. I almost registered for this meet but my daughter had a usas dual meet. Are you swimming any meets my way this summer? I am probably going to swim the masters zone meet in Mansfield but it's two weeks before worlds so will be during my taper so not sure how well I will be swimming at that point.
    Stewart - I have not really made much in the way of meet plans for this summer yet. I have a couple of things potentially going on outside the pool with might limit my training/meet travel. We have two LCM meets here in Little Rock, one May 9-11, and another July 11-13. I may swim in those (with the July one a possible taper meet). I will keep you posted, but for the foreseeable future, I won't be travelling much outside the state of Arkansas.
    Great job, Calvin!
    I still dream of getting under :60 in the 100 IM, but I need to focus on improving my breaststroke before that will happen..