View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 83 - Wednesday

Rate this Entry
I got back from California late last night and did not get to bed until after midnight. When my alarm went off after about 4 hrs of sleep I was feeling pretty awful. I ate and then went to the pool. I did not feel too bad in the warmup but when I started to push the main set I was very tired. Despite this I worked as hard as I could and ended up with a pretty good workout. I felt much better today even without the sleep than I did the past two days.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45

main sets
6x(100 swim on 1.10, 50 kick on 50)
10x100 best average on 2mins
200 easy
6x100 kick on 1.45

warm down
100 easy

total 3500scy

i swam the first main set aerobically and swam the 100s on 1.02 and the 50s kick on 42s. The best average set was very tough today and I held mainly 56s except the first 3 where I was 55s. The kick I used somewhat as a recovery holding 1.27s.

Today I had to travel to west Texas and I will be swimming in an outdoor short hotel pool tomorrow and Friday. I brought bungee cords with me so worst case I can use these as resistance swimming based on time.

I also found out this morning that my coach entered me in all the free events from the 50 to the 1500 and the 200 back in this weekends USAS meet. I was expecting to swim the 50 to the 800 free and was not expecting the mile and the 200 back. This will be a good bench mark on where I am with training for worlds but I am guessing I will be pretty tired by Sunday night.

Submit "Week 83 - Wednesday" to Digg Submit "Week 83 - Wednesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 83 - Wednesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 83 - Wednesday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Stewart good luck this week-end and looking forward to seeing your results. Sounds like you have been quite the road warrior here recently! Nice set of 100's on 2:00.
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarke
    Stewart good luck this week-end and looking forward to seeing your results. Sounds like you have been quite the road warrior here recently! Nice set of 100's on 2:00.
    Thanks Chris.

I have been traveling a lot...too much, but that's what I have to do right now with work. I hope to back off on travel in June and Its my hope I will be hiring new staff in Q3 which will reduce my travel going forward. That's the plan anyhow.