View RSS Feed

After a long rest

City of Plano USAS Meet Day 1

Rate this Entry
I swam a small USAS meet today at our home pool but hosted by the City of Plano. This is becoming the norm where other teams rent out or our pool for their meets. It's sort of cool in the sense that we don't have to travel for meets. Today's meet was pretty small but very long. Warm up was at 8am and the meet did not finish until 3pm. The meet was long course and was my first long course meet this year. I was scheduled to swim the 50, 200, 400 and 1500 free. Due to a change where the meet officials combined the boys and girls 1500 I had to withdraw from the 400 at the last minute. I was seeded in the last heat of the 400 and with the 1500 being combined I literally would have had to get out and on the block. I talked it over with my coach and we decided to swim the 1500 this time.

I don't feel bad in the water but I am stiff and sore like I have been traveling a lot recently!!! Today was an ok meet with a really strong 50 and then ok swims in the 200 and 1500s.

50 free 25.97 - I was determined to get off the block and get my turn over going as quickly as I could and that's exactly what I did. This felt fast and I even came back on the guy in the lane next to me.

200 free 2:07.21 - I felt good through 150 and hoped to pick it up on the last 50 but just couldn't. I was hoping for a 2:05 today so this was a little slower than I hoped. The positive was I felt good through 150 and this one will come together before worlds.

1500 free 18:30.87 - this was not a particularly fast swim for me but my splits through 1100 were pretty consistent. I started to tighten up at 1000 and the last 400 hurt pretty bad. Again, with all the traveling and lack of consistent focused training the past month I was happy with this. I hoped to be about 30 seconds quicker but that's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.[update - I just checked the FINA world rankings for 2013 in the 1500 and this would have been a top 10 time so it's obviously not as bad as I thought it was]

Tomorrow I have the 100 and 800 free and the 200 back.

My daughter had a really good meet. Her medley relay team got a TAGS cut which was exciting with her going a 40.x lead off on the back hitch is a best time for her as a 10 year old. She then swam the 50 fly, 50 free, 100 back, 200 free and 400 free. She did best times in everything and A times in the 200 and 400 frees. The only one she was disappointed in was her 100 back where she added sometime from last week. She is so close to a personal TAGS time on the 100 back and I suspect she is going to be chasing this all summer.

It was a fun meet today and I am looking forward to tomorrow.

Submit "City of Plano USAS Meet Day 1" to Digg Submit "City of Plano USAS Meet Day 1" to del.icio.us Submit "City of Plano USAS Meet Day 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "City of Plano USAS Meet Day 1" to Google

Updated May 4th, 2014 at 05:44 PM by StewartACarroll

Categories
USA-S Swim Meets / Events

Comments

Nice swims!! Tell Abi good job for me!!
    Yes, the 18:30 is a very good swim, especially with all the traveling. I'm actually, though, more impressed with the 25.97 50 - you've got some speed there!

Have fun tomorrow.
    Great job today, especially on that 1500. Keep up the great work!
    Thankyou everyone. I had a lot of fun.

Abi swam great and she is looking forward to her next already meet. She is like the energizer bunny and she never stops. She was talking about the next meet even before the end of this one. I dont know where she gets it from