Main Sets:

8 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ

2 x (25 AFAP back, no SDK + 75 EZ)
50 EZ

5 x (50 AFAP + 150 EZ)
-- 2 back (no push, no SDK), 2 breast (no pullouts), 1 dolphin kick
100 EZ

3 x 50 (backstroke, no SDK @ 90% effort working on not spinning + 100 EZ)
50 EZ

6 x 25 w/parachute & paddles
150 EZ

Total: 3550

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the first time in a long time I've felt up to doing AFAP 50s. Though I didn't attempt fly. It's been an entire month since I've taken a stroke of fly ... Backstroke with no SDK feels like a different stroke.

Typically, this time of year, Pitt is long course on Fri-Sun. But not this weekend bc of lifeguard classes. I'm amazed Pitt rents out lane space for this, but doesn't sell memberships to the public. So it looks like I won't get in a long course workout until May 16.

Nonetheless, displaying total chutzpah, I mailed in my entry form for the Buffalo long course meet. http://www.usms.org/comp/event.php?M...0140607ublc14L. Several of my swimmers are going, so it should at least be fun. The 50s were not very well spaced out, so I am going to space them out myself by doing:

100 breast, split request
50 fly
50 back

I don't feel like doing 50 free. I haven't done much of it in practice since the shoulder issue (now resolved) and it doesn't feel great. I entered times a second slower than last year, but even that may be a stretch. I know if I didn't have a meet to train for, I would lose focus and start cross training. And since I'm already going to miss 2 1/2 weeks of swimming this summer, that would not be good idea.

Submit "Tuesday, May 6" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, May 6" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, May 6" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, May 6" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Are you flying or driving up to Buffalo? It is 6 hours to drive up from Philly. It is a shame that they don't do that meet on Sunday. Good luck with that meet.

I don't get why colleges don't sell memberships or lap swimming drop ins fees! Swarthmore College is empty on some Sunday afternoons. Crazy! Pitt doesn't need the whole pool to do lifeguarding classes. People can be so stupid sometimes!
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Are you flying or driving up to Buffalo? It is 6 hours to drive up from Philly. It is a shame that they don't do that meet on Sunday. Good luck with that meet.

I don't get why colleges don't sell memberships or lap swimming drop ins fees! Swarthmore College is empty on some Sunday afternoons. Crazy! Pitt doesn't need the whole pool to do lifeguarding classes. People can be so stupid sometimes!
    I'm going to drive. I think it's only about 3 1/2 hours from here. 6 is my top limit for driving.

Pitt is pretty empty during the week when I'm there. I asked the head coach about it. He says it's an insurance thing and that they're "moving in the direction" of selling passes to the public. That probably means in about 10 years ...