View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 84 - Wednesday

Rate this Entry
I woke a little stiff today but much better than I have previously been the second day after lifting hard(Monday night). Today I loosened up nicely and we had a longer than usual warm up which really helped. Today's workout was a great and I was pleased with how I did.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
10x50 catchup on 45

Main set
12x50 drill swim on 55
10x100 swim with paddles on 1min
100 easy
6x75 on 1.20 swum as 25 free, 25 drill, 25 back
12x50 with fins on 1 min, swum as odds under water down and streamline kick back, evens streamline kick down and underwater back
6x25 race 200 pace on 30
100 easy
6x25 race 200 pace on 30
100 easy

Warm down
100 easy

Total 4150scy

If you are looking at the 10x100's on 1min you maybe thinking I wrote the send off time down wrong. At first I thought we were doing the set with fins but apparently that was everyone else except me. My main set was 10x100's with paddles on 1 min. It sucked royally but I was pleased with how I did. I went out too fast on the first 1 going 55, but then held 59's until #5 where I missed the send off. I took an extra 30 seconds and regrouped and went again. I failed on #8 and again took an extra 30 seconds and then made the last 2. Most of these were touch and turn swims.

The only other all out set was the 25s at the end where I was holding 13s to my feet and again I was very pleased with how I held up. I am feeling pretty strong right now and have some relatively easy speed which is something I have struggled with in the past.

After practice those of us going to worlds met with Tom and discussed doing a training camp at the end of June right before we start our taper. Should be fun and somehow Worlds seems very close now!! I cant wait to swim fast again and get some great races in. After my 200back at the weekend I into switching my 50 free for the 200back but the 200back is on the same day as the 100 free so it wont work out, but I think I am going to swim the 200back more in the future.

Submit "Week 84 - Wednesday" to Digg Submit "Week 84 - Wednesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 84 - Wednesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 84 - Wednesday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

After my 200back at the weekend I into switching my 50 free for the 200back but the 200back is on the same day as the 100 free so it wont work out
    My guess is that there will be a TON of time between events so 2 in one day should be reasonable. I suggest that you check with someone who has been to words before, Chris maybe.
    FUnny, I was reading without seeing who posted and noticed, "..went out too fast on the first 1 going 55, but then held 59's until #5 where...". I thought, "Who the heck is this guy?!" then realized it must be you, Stewart! Sure enough! You're a beast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    My guess is that there will be a TON of time between events so 2 in one day should be reasonable. I suggest that you check with someone who has been to words before, Chris maybe.
    i wish there was an opportunity for a 6th event or better still enter as many as you have qualifying times for but alas the rule is 5. I am torn, I think I can go sub 25 on the 50 free if I have the perfect race but this is the one I would give up if I went the back route. The other thing to consider is that the pool is outdoor so the likelihood of me ping ponging across the lanes on the back is pretty high. Choices, choices, choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by flystorms
    FUnny, I was reading without seeing who posted and noticed, "..went out too fast on the first 1 going 55, but then held 59's until #5 where...". I thought, "Who the heck is this guy?!" then realized it must be you, Stewart! Sure enough! You're a beast.
    Calling someone a beast must be a Texas thing!!! Thank you.

I offered a woman on my team a spot in my lane several months ago and she called me a beast. At first I thought I had done something wrong but then realized she meant it as a compliment.

My age group coach always used to say if you did not try your hardest on every set you were just wasting your time. I have good and bad days like everyone but no matter what, I always try my best on every set.

My coaches workouts are really tough and today was no exception!