View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 84 - Friday

Rate this Entry
I fell asleep on the couch last night around 7.30. My wife(she is a saint) woke me shortly after 8 and told me to go to bed. Instead I helped put the kids to bed. I am heading to Korea on Sunday so won't get this opportunity next week and really enjoy reading or watching videos with my kids for 30 mins before lights go off. My son is the reader and my daughter likes to listen to a few music videos. This week she has been on a Freddie Mercury of Queen rage. The past two nights we have watched the same live aid performance(which is pretty darn awesome). I almost fell asleep watching the video last night but my daughters twitch woke me up.

I slept heavy and was tired when I woke up this morning. To be honest, I was feeling sorry for myself ahead of practice today. I have been sore all week and was not expecting much today. To my pleasant surprise I felt pretty good during the warm up and felt decent throughout today's workout.

I ended up being able to tie my snorkel head band into a knot and used my snorkel as usual during the warm up.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
10x50 catchup on 45

Main sets
8x100 drill swim by 50 on 1.30 with snorkel
4x(2x50 on 33, 100 back on 1.20)
Descend by round on 1.20 base with instructions to be no slower than 2.04 on the 200 and 1min on the 100
400 free
300 free
200 free
100 free

100 easy
12x50 drill swim on 1min
3x(2x50 kick with fins on 45, 2x25 underwater on 25)

Total 4650scy

this was a deceptively long workout and did not feel this long(thank goodness). On the 4x(2x50 on 33, 100 back on 1.20) I was holding 29s on the free 50s and 1.10s on the back. On the 4,3,2,1 set I descended going 4.28(1.07 pace per 100), 3.15(1.05 pace per 100), 2.00(1min pace per 100) and 56. I was happy with this set.

We got our team sweat pants today and our jackets will be ready tomorrow or Monday for worlds. We have logos and stitching every where by the sounds of things; team logo on the back, names on chest, FINA worlds Masters on one sleeve and us flag on the other. It's kind of exciting that worlds are just around the corner(we are inside 80 days till the first event). Looks like we may have 10 swimmers on our team for worlds. With family members and friends I suspect we will have a pretty large group.

Submit "Week 84 - Friday" to Digg Submit "Week 84 - Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 84 - Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 84 - Friday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

It's so cool that your team has such a large group of people and is really approaching World's as a team event. You'll have a blast.

Your daughter has great taste in music, by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Your daughter has great taste in music, by the way.
    i couldn't agree more. Considering a year ago she was listening to Justin Beiber her tastes have grown leaps and bounds.