View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 05/10/14: morning

Rate this Entry
200 Fr/200 Kick/200 Pull/100 IM drill
8 x 50 on 1:15 (1->4 even split, 5->8 neg split)

2 x Breath control set
- 250 Fr (25 breathe 6/50 breathe 5/75 breathe 4/100 breathe 3) <- I did extra 100
- 50 choice swim (did fly)
- 50 kick

12 x 25 as group (6 of us)
- Swam in the middle two lanes, start on one end of line and rotate through, leaving together and learning to be comfortable with traffic

1 x Breath control set
200 IM drill warmdown
(Masters/Rec/2950 yds/90 min)
------------------------------------

Busy week is now in the rear view mirror. I was able to get my research paper finished and survive some busy days at work. There was a youth event that I helped out at last night with one of the kids from the college at an area church, then went I took the boys to Men's Breakfast early this morning before swimming.

I'm starting to transition into open water training and the focus today was breath control and then some fun 25's to get used to some bumping around a la race start. The group had a good time with these.

Now I'm off to do some yard work and then be free tomorrow for whatever my wife would like to do. Happy Mother's Day to ALL of you ladies out there - even if you don't have children of your own, each of you serves as a source of help to the people around you with your encouragement. Thank you

Submit "Workout 05/10/14: morning" to Digg Submit "Workout 05/10/14: morning" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 05/10/14: morning" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 05/10/14: morning" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments