View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 86 - Thursday

Rate this Entry
I lifted last night and did my normal 3 rounds at 10,8,6 reps per round at 80%, max and fail by round. I focused on my upper body.

3x(bench press, inclined bench press, military press, seated row hands inside, seated row hands outside, lat pull down hands inside, lat pull down hands outside, lower back inclines)

This morning was definitely a different day than yesterday in terms of how I felt and also how the workout was structured. I was feeling pretty tired this morning after weights and I found it very difficult to get up and go on the main set, although I did manage to make the send off times I was told to do.

Warm up
3x(1 x 200 on 2:40 free, 2 x 50 on 1:00 drill, 2 x 50 on :50 kick)

Main sets
12 x 100 on 1:05
4x(2 x 100 on 1:20 dec 1-2, 2 x 75 on 1:00 swim kick swim)

Warm down
500 easy

Where as yesterday I had very easy speed today I really had to work at everything including the warmup. I swam the 200ís with my snorkel and was only getting about 10 seconds rest. Even the 50s kick felt hard work. On the main set I was holding 1.01-1.02ís which basically equated to almost a touch, turn and go the whole set. I was pleased I made the times but again this one was really hard work. I have a work conference this afternoon in Dallas and the event does not finish until 8.30pm so I will be hurting tomorrow and suspect I will be eating pretty late.

Submit "Week 86 - Thursday" to Digg Submit "Week 86 - Thursday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 86 - Thursday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 86 - Thursday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments