100 scull
100 fly drills
50 EZ
8 x 25 shooters w/fins
100 EZ

Main sets:

6 x 25 burst + cruise
100 EZ

4 x (10 x 25 w/fins @ 100 pace + 100 EZ)
R1 = fly @ :40
R2 = back @ :40
R3 = breast @ :40
R4 = free @ :35
100 EZ

5 x 50 DPS back w/paddles
100 EZ

Total: 3150

Friday: Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

same as above

Main sets:

6 x 25 burst SDK + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ

5 x (25 AFAP + 75 EZ) @ 2:30
extra 100 EZ

5 x (75 broken AFAP w/fins + 175 EZ)

Total: 3200

------------------------------------

I've still been pretty tired and struggled to get these workouts in. But my times were fine.

Unfortunately, I just got notice that my June 7 meet in Buffalo has been cancelled. They double booked the pool. Pretty sloppy and inexcusable if you ask me. And disappointing. 6 of my swimmers had planned on attending the meet. I have to decide if it's worth traveling to get a long course meet in ... The only one that works with my schedule is one in Nashville on June 8. It's a fantastic indoor long course pool -- exactly what I'm looking for. Need to decide soon.

Submit "Meet Cancelled, Thursday-Friday, May 22-23" to Digg Submit "Meet Cancelled, Thursday-Friday, May 22-23" to del.icio.us Submit "Meet Cancelled, Thursday-Friday, May 22-23" to StumbleUpon Submit "Meet Cancelled, Thursday-Friday, May 22-23" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Big bummer about the meet cancellation.

You always come race the kids in Tucson that weekend -- maybe get some pointers watching Greevers swim in person

On second thought, the U of A pool is way too shallow for you (not that you were really going to consider it).
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Big bummer about the meet cancellation. You always come race the kids in Tucson that weekend -- maybe get some pointers watching Greevers swim in person On second thought, the U of A pool is way too shallow for you (not that you were really going to consider it).
    Ha! I like masters meets. I've kind of given up on USS meets. Though with no meets here in Pitt, maybe I'll be forced to swim some of them.I am bummed. And it looks like the Nashville meet may not be a viable option. Only 36 swimmers last year. I can't see traveling for a super small meet with no rest.
    I would be frustrated too, if my LCM meet got cancelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    I would be frustrated too, if my LCM meet got cancelled.
    Yes very. And it looks like the Nashville meet will be super small, so not worth traveling to. I only train to compete, not for general health, so it will be tough to stay in swimming shape without a target meet ...Frustrating about sums up my first year here in Pitt. Even when I want to travel to a meet bc there are none here, that is thwarted.
    There's U of G June7, good pool for sure, but it is a small competition, and from up there a good distance (a word not in a sprinter's vocabulary).
    Updated May 24th, 2014 at 01:42 PM by __steve__