Main Sets:

6 x 25 burst + cruise @ :45
100 EZ

3 x (25 AFAP w/fins + 75 EZ) @ 2:30
fly & back = 10s, breast = 12
50 EZ

30 x 25 backstroke @ 100 pace @ :45
-- 12 SDKs off the wall
-- wanted to go 15s, some were 15 high, but I took them (drag suit slower than race pace kneeskin)
-- just missed #9 and skipped #10, just missed #21 and skipped #22
-- it took some mental will power to keep going
-- went 14+ on the last one w/15 SDKs
-- with the UWs, I was pretty O2 deprived

400 EZ

20 x 25 backstroke kick w/fins @ 100 pace @ :40
-- UW 15 m +
-- held 12 low to mid
-- didn't miss any

150 EZ

Total: 3200

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whew, kinda tired from that effort. The first USRPT set was definitely harder than the second one. Pitt is closed for the next three days. I'm planning on popping in to visit the Sewickly masters tomorrow night. I need to hit the gym in the am. Getting very excited about the upcoming vacation. And Fort Son gets home from college soon!

Submit "Thursday, May 29" to Digg Submit "Thursday, May 29" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, May 29" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, May 29" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Where are you going on vacation? Hopefully somewhere fun! Will you be able to swim?

Too bad about that Buffalo meet. I'd be a bit pissed if I had planned to travel in for something like that...

I've been looking at your blog and occasionally the USRPT thread and keep thinking that I should do some of that to help my breaststroke. I need to do a couple doubles to focus on that. I'm sure that isn't the intent of the whole program, but I enjoy the team swims, even if it is sometimes donkey distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Where are you going on vacation? Hopefully somewhere fun! Will you be able to swim?

Too bad about that Buffalo meet. I'd be a bit pissed if I had planned to travel in for something like that...

I've been looking at your blog and occasionally the USRPT thread and keep thinking that I should do some of that to help my breaststroke. I need to do a couple doubles to focus on that. I'm sure that isn't the intent of the whole program, but I enjoy the team swims, even if it is sometimes donkey distance.
    Yeah, I would enjoy some team swims from time to time too. But USRPT is not too bad to do on your own. I think it's just dandy for stroke 100s.

Yeah, I'm bummed about Buffalo. And I have to eat the money for a non-refundable hotel room. Grr

Going to Italy and Greece and Ephesus for 2 1/2 weeks. Don't expect to swim much. That's why I think I am done for long course this year. The Buffalo meet was my only shot.