View RSS Feed

SWIMMER Editorials

Cool New Stuff (January-February 2013)

Rate this Entry
by , January 1st, 2013 at 12:00 AM (863 Views)
As I write this, two very exciting things are happening at the USMS National Office. By the time you read this, they should both be up and running. (Since huge projects have a way of taking on lives of their own, I write with only a wee bit of trepidation.)

The first is that we’ve asked our publication partner, Anthem Media Group, to create a digital version of SWIMMER, one that can be read on your computer, tablet, or, if you have a hankering and really good eyes, your smartphone. The digital version is available to any current member, and can be accessed through your MyUSMS account. (If you haven’t set that up yet, visit usms. org/admin/lmschb/usms_create_forums_acct. pdf for step-by-step instructions). In addition, we’re busy digitizing previous issues of SWIMMER, so check the Archive tray on the left side of the screen and watch the library grow.

We’re not going all Newsweek on you, though; the paper edition will still be delivered to you unless you unsubscribe from it through your LMSC registrar.

The second project is a redesign of usms.org. If you haven’t visited in a while, you need to—we think you’ll love the new look and feel. Our website has always been a work beast, with many customized tools that have aided our volunteer leaders in digitizing, organizing, and presenting information for our members. It still does all that and more, only now it does it in a sleek and gorgeous new skin. We’re also sourcing new content and have created a video gallery, where you’ll find technique videos, product reviews, event recaps, and more.

As always, we welcome your feedback. For comments, questions, and suggestions about SWIMMER or the stories and articles on usms.org, you can email me directly at editor@usms.org. For the website redesign, email support@usms.org.

Wishing you the very best in 2013.

Submit "Cool New Stuff (January-February 2013)" to Digg Submit "Cool New Stuff (January-February 2013)" to del.icio.us Submit "Cool New Stuff (January-February 2013)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Cool New Stuff (January-February 2013)" to Google

Updated July 1st, 2014 at 10:39 AM by Editor

Categories
Staff Blogs