View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 88 -Tuesday

Rate this Entry
I had a good nights sleep and was looking forward to my swim this morning. I used local places on the website and found a pool just north of Grand Rapids where I was staying at the Rochester high school. The pool was great and since I was a visitor they did not charge me to swim. Even if they had charged me the $2 fee would have been well worth it; the pool was an 8 lane 25 yard pool with good depth, cleanliness and pace clocks. Tom emailed me I a workout and I had a good time. This one was tougher than it looked but with less yardage I felt pretty good at the end.

Warm up
10x100 on 1.20

Main sets
4x(2x25 AFAP on 30 with a turn, 4x50 kick on 1min fast, 2x100 build on 1.40)
100 easy
8x75 on 1.10 swum as catchup, finger tip drag, aeroplane drills

Warm down
100 easy

Total 3600scy

I felt pretty decent during the warmup. The main set was intended to be swum at a pretty high tempo on everything. The AFAP 25si was holding 13s. The kick I was holding 40s and build 100s I held 57 and 58s. I felt really smooth today with pretty decent easy speed.

Submit "Week 88 -Tuesday" to Digg Submit "Week 88 -Tuesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 88 -Tuesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 88 -Tuesday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

You amaze me with how much you travel and are able to keep up with your pool time and speed. Great work as usual, Stewart!
    Quote Originally Posted by flystorms
    You amaze me with how much you travel and are able to keep up with your pool time and speed. Great work as usual, Stewart!
    Thanks Kari. You and I like many on these forums are quite similar in that we get motivated by a goal; yours is key west whereas mine is Montreal in August.

People who meet me won't believe this but I am a natural introvert and my biggest challenge is not the swimming while I am on the road, it's actually going to a pool and meeting people I don't know. I have got more and more accustomed to doing it but it's not a comfortable thing for me. Luckily I have never had anything other than a good experience while visiting different masters teams and have met many nice people I now call friends but it's still the barrier I have to push through.

I am am very happy you are now pain free and are looking forward again.