View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Hangin' with AZTIMM - on flyertalk!

Rate this Entry
Super long time no post!

I have been too busy lurking on flyertalk.com to post here. Guess who found me there?!!! AZTIMM!!!! haha!

I am on a mission to earn mega AA miles. I decimated my current balance due to our Hawaii trip. There was no way no how my husband was going to go economy or even MCE, so I used every squeezy drop of my miles to get us first class.

Swimming wise, i've just been doing some USRPT, miscellaneous sprinting, lots of fly kick, and stroke work. With no meets to gear up for, i'm just trying to stay in overall conditioning, stroke, and sprint shape so I won't be starting all over again in the fall. We are going to Colorado this month, Pittsburgh next month, and then Hawaii for vacations, so I can't see any reason to get seriously into it for 3 weeks just to take a week off in between each.

SCM, Baylor Fitness Center
*Today I went a 28 high/29 super flat 50 free so I was happy with that.
*My fly has been really coming along. Before zones this year (late March 2014), I could barely do a 37-38 but now I can do that quite comfortably, and push 35's respectably. In my best shape, I could do 32/33's strong 50's fly. I'd like to hold this conditioning and speed going into the fall.

But the most pressing thought I have is this question:
Would it be bad form if we traveled 2 in business class and 2 in Economy main cabin extra on our trip to Paris, France in July 2015? My girls wouldn't care about being separated from us, and really, it's not like they are going to get lost on an airplane. I may be short on the miles, and I don't want to wait until I get enough to book the last 2 tickets. I just won't have enough to book everyone business class.

Submit "Hangin' with AZTIMM - on flyertalk!" to Digg Submit "Hangin' with AZTIMM - on flyertalk!" to del.icio.us Submit "Hangin' with AZTIMM - on flyertalk!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hangin' with AZTIMM - on flyertalk!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You sound like me this summer. Trying not to fall too far out of shape for the fall.

Of course the girls can sit in economy!

That is a really good 50 free practice time.
    Yeah, sub 30's is really moving! Appears USRPT is not zapping any power for 50s
    Heck yeah! Enjoy business class~!
    haha, and somehow I nearly missed this post

chances of finding 4 biz class seats on the same plane for award is going to be really tough. I'd snag the 2 if you can, then grab 2 more if they open up.
    let me know if you need miles, I may be able to help (have tons of US miles)

are you coming out to AZ for any summer swims?