View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 88 - Saturday

Rate this Entry
My daughter is swimming at a USAS meet in lewisville this weekend and last night she had the 200IM. It's not been her strongest event but over the course of the last two meets this spring/summer she has dropped 30 seconds and at her last meet got an A time in the 200IM. Last night she dropped another 10 seconds and went 3:07. She is about another 6 seconds from her state cut but this was an AA time and she keeps improving which is very exciting to watch. Speaking to her coach after masters workout this morning he said that her whole group my daughter specifically has been cranking in practice and he spoke very nicely about her effort and the fact she deserves what's she's starting to see in her performances. This is goose bump stuff for a swimming dad. I am deliberately talking to her about enjoying swimming rather than focusing on goal times after all that's the important thing and something I have to keep reminding myself about when I swim and compete.

Today we swam LCM again and today was a high tempo lactate tolerance day with overall low meterage, that hurt like a son of a gun.

warm up
400 free
6x50 catchup on 50

main sets
8x(100 as fast as possible from a push on 2min, 2x50 kick on 1min)
100 easy
12x50 drill swim by 25 on 50

warm down
200 easy

total 3200LCM

We were supposed to do an extra set of 50s at 800 pace(16x50) but we ran out of time.

the main set hurt badly and it took everything I had to keep up a high tempo but it worked out and I had an awesome set going, 1min, 1:01,1:02,1:03,1:03,1:03,1:03,1:02. The 50s kick were rough because they were active recovery on a short interval so we did not have much rest before the next 100 fast.

49 days to worlds.

Submit "Week 88 - Saturday" to Digg Submit "Week 88 - Saturday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 88 - Saturday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 88 - Saturday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

IT's great that you're instilling the love of her sports rather than being a pushy swim dad. It has to be tough watching her grow so quickly and get faster without wanting to put as much emphasis on the times. She's getting it though. Great job. BTW, isn't that new pool gorgeous?
    She swam 4 more events today and dropped time on every race. She is having a lot of fun and it's great to see.

I was premature in my desire to see the new pool. Her meet was actually the pool at The Colony which apparently is in the Lewisville ISD but is not the new pool. We are 100% swimming at the new pool next weekend for the Bill Nixon meet; it's a 4 day meet but she is only doing Saturday and Sunday which we felt was plenty.